1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

WA state, buying/selling raw deer capes?

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Michelle_Nelson, Nov 27, 2007.

1. Michelle_Nelson

Michelle_Nelson Bring on the Bears!

I was told by two taxidermist here in Washington State that it is Illegal for me as a Taxidermist to Buy or Sell raw deer capes. I've had a couple taxidermists here tell me that it is Legal if you have a taxidermy license. Which I have!

Does anyone know about this?

2. oldterryr

oldterryr Terry's in Heaven with no worries at all.

how about your state dnr

3. My friends & I sell & trade hides at Quilaceda Tannery in Marysville quite frequently if we don't want them mounted. We've never had any problems.
    Darwin

4. "A fur dealer license allows the holder to purchase, receive, or resell raw furs for profit in Washington state. Records of wildlife
    received are required and must be maintained at the place of business on forms provided by the department or pre-numbered
    forms belonging to the dealer" The way I read this is you only need the fur dealer license if you will be making profit on the raw fur intself. Seeing that you are just using them for taxidermy I believe you will be okay but it probably wouldnt hurt to ask at a wdfw office just in case. Travis