1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Minnesota Tanneries

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by Bubbadrake, Sep 5, 2006.

1. Bubbadrake

Bubbadrake New Member

I am located in south central Minnesota and am having a hard time locating tanneries in my general area. Any help in locating some options would be appreciated.

2. oldshaver

oldshaver Guest

No offence, but your time expense, in prepping and mounting a bad tan, will far outweigh your shipping cost. Find a good one, and send em, no matter where they are.

3. Bubbadrake

Bubbadrake New Member

I agree. But, there are many quality tanneries. I was just looking for opinions of good places and that are closer to my general area to cut the cost of shipping down as much as possible

4. Mary

Mary Guest

The closest tannery I would highly recommend is YOST in Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin. (920) 743-7162. They do an incredible job on fur bearers as they were initially, a furrier company.

5. there is one in rice mn.. the have a great wet tan i love it....
    have had good luck with them..

6. Bubba,

Try Jim Willard of Willard's Taxidermy in Brownsville, MN (SE MN). (507) 482-9453

Bruce Norton
    Rushford, MN

7. crankin

crankin New Member

WI
    the one in rice, mn is the one i use (midwest fur),............ i recommend staying as far as possible from yost for anything your going to mount, i would only use them for hair off, or wall hangings