1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

what about the archives

Discussion in 'Forum Operations' started by jimsoverns, Aug 29, 2006.

1. jimsoverns

jimsoverns New Member

will it contiue from here?....will there be a new one and an old one ? or is there just the old one now?

2. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

The old archives will remain in place as a searchable reference tool. However, I realize how bloated the old archives had become with over 80,000 pages, and only a small percentage of those contain real information. More often than not, when you search for a subject in the Archives, it results in dozens of matches which tell you to "search the archives". So finding a quick answer to a question can take quite a bit of time.

What I plan to do here in the new Forum is to identify the most valuable informational posts and move them to a permanent "knowledge base" section. The other non-informational posts will fade away into oblivion, and eventually be deleted. The posts in some sections, such as "For Sale" and "Wanted" will be deleted after a few weeks, while others will stay around much longer. If a post continues to generate interest, new replies will help to keep it active.

That is my plan at the present time. There might be some changes in the plan as we see how everything works.

3. jcompton

jcompton “One of these days Alice. Pow!Right in the kisser"

Well, there goes all of my post. :mad:

4. fesekula

fesekula Active Member

I agree with you Ken on the large amount of filler that would be in the archives. With the old archives still in place just about all questions can be answered there and the important stuff in this forum will still be searchable. Good Idea, I guess that is why you are the boss.