1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Finished Bobcat mount..... comments please.

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by BO-N-ARO, Oct 30, 2006.

1. BO-N-ARO

BO-N-ARO Hunt hard but hunt safe!

Finally got the hang of posting the pics!! (see the other bobcat post) Third times a charm. Here is the finished mount. The base is from McKenzie.
    Comments welcome and again, thanks in advance.

2. EJ

EJ Proud Member of: Unaffiliated, Free Agent

I really like how you altered the form.

3. Nice work buddy. Looks great!

4. oldterryr

oldterryr Terry's in Heaven with no worries at all.

very good

5. Jims Wildlife Studio

Jims Wildlife Studio Full Time PA Taxidermist

Nice Job, Great altering on form. I like the base also.

6. NICKYG

NICKYG "IS IT ALIVE, OR WAS IT MOUNTED BY GLORIOSO?"

LOOKS MARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRVVEEELLOOUUSS!!!!!

7. Jan Van Hoesen

Jan Van Hoesen New Member

Looks really very nice. It's difficult to tell detail tings from a photo. The ears look like they may be set a bit too high on the head. It may be a shaddow but the lower muzzle line isn't equal. The left ear as it goes back isn't correct. All in all you have a good cat look which is difficult to achieve.

8. Lonny Travis

Lonny Travis Guest

I agree with Jan---ears are a bit too high which is a common mistake alot of people make..if ya look at the black lines where the whiskers come out you`ll see they aren`t even...little details like that will bring out alot more realism in the end...Just curious on what ya used inside the ears?? I personally use bondo then cut it back to just above the ear butts--then I apply apoxie sculpt for my ear butts..I used to have trouble getting the ears set right until I learned to cut the excess bondo way back and fill with apoxie so I could get them set correctly..also pay attention to the bar lines on his face--it looks like his left side is higher than his right. You can taxi this skin around to get them even..eyes look pretty darn good...once ya get the eyes down it`s just a matter of time before everything else falls into place for ya. Keep up the good work

9. Something on the ears...but maybe its genetics...has larger ears than normal??? OVERALL..a fantastic job...the originality of the form altering brings alot of character to this cat...

10. Mink

Mink New Member

About ears being larger than normal, it does happen, probably genetically. I'm in the process of mounting a fox with one ear much bigger than the other!

11. kbauman

kbauman Active Member

OK
    I really like the presentation. It is simple, yet effective. Good job. I do agree the ears have some anatomy and physiology problems, but it is very presentable. Here is a great reference photo of a "live" bobcat that may help. I stressed the "live", because the last time I contributed to a critique with a live whitetail photo, I had a taxidermist ripping my photo telling me I set my eye all wrong according to what he learned in taxidermy school.

12. paul e

paul e New Member

not bad
    try spreading the wiskers a little
    i use tissue
    but i really like the pose