1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

New to tanning

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by AMS, Dec 3, 2007.

1. AMS

AMS New Member

I am going to try tanning for the fist time and have a question. I plan on getting the lutan f 1 lb kit from van dykes and want to try a red fox, weasel and skunk, possibly more if it turns out. But I am wondering if I can do put all 3 in the pickle solution at the same time and same with the tanning solution, or is best to do 1 at a time?

2. I just bought some lutan f and if you are planning on doing more than just a few hides I would go with a larger kit. It is twice the price for a 4 pound kit but you get four times as much.
    Travis

3. dont know about the lutan, but i have a 50gal drum full of skins/capes in my tan

4. jerrystaxidermyhunter

jerrystaxidermyhunter get stuffed at jerrys

i tan with lutan and yes you can put more than one skin in it.just mix more tan.i also pickle with
    saftee acid .

5. AMS

AMS New Member

Alright, thats what I thought but wasn't sure. Thanks guys

6. AMS

AMS New Member

I have one more quick question. What all does the lutan f kit come with, on van dykes site it just says it has almost everything for a complete tan besides salt, does it come with pH testing strips, fur brightener, salinometer...?

7. It comes with the tanning agent, saftee acid, pro-plus oil, and a few ph test strips

8. AMS

AMS New Member

Thanks for the help.