1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

blood on cape

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by newbie07, Dec 4, 2007.

1. newbie07

newbie07 New Member

i just caped out a deer head this morning and it has some blood on it ..... i went ahead and caped it and threw it in the freezer will the blood come out of the cape later on or is this something that needs to be taken care of right now....thanks in advance

2. rebel

rebel New Member

it will come off

3. fesekula

fesekula Active Member

Give the cape a washing in cold water with some dish washing detergent in laundry tube with a few cold water rinses.

4. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Skip the soap, just cold clear water will do. Soaps have enzymes in them that break down the cape, just like enzymes are suppose to do.

5. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

How in the h#^@ did you get blood on it, you need to be more careful in the future.

6. mdupertuis

mdupertuis Active Member

B Jones, shooting a deer is going to cause some bleeding, wouldn't you say? It seems kind of obvious that you are going to get some blood on the cape no matter how careful you are at times. What kind of answer was that?

7. Todd B

Todd B Active Member

mdupertuis,
    B Jones was being sarcastic. It is obvious that you are going to get blood on the skin and newbie07 should know this.

8. mdupertuis

mdupertuis Active Member

Now that you say it, i guess i can see he was being sarcastic and i had a "blonde" moment. LOL.

9. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

No s&%(