1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

lowballers and hacks hurting the industry?

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by mk, Dec 6, 2007.

1. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Wow, that's cool words. See ya later

2. Riverland

Riverland New Member

We have enough assinine rules and regs to deal with.The ones that are complaining about "lowballing" unless you are the highest price in the industry at what you are producing you are a lowballer to someone else. Anyone that has started a business in the last 5 years producing a luxury product which is what we do,has gotten into a business when everything has peaked. Look at all the repo "toys" on ebay. If you start a business in an area saturated with the same as you you better expect more than just competition because you're going to get a lot of bottom of the barrel customers that others have weeded out. People are cutting back on everything.Get a new refrigerator when it breaks or get a deer head mounted what would you choose?

3. Do you know how much trouble you can get into for impersonating a government agent? You can go to jail for it.

You now need to call the FBI and tell them so they don't fry your butt.

4. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

LOL

5. Mark V.

Mark V. Chinook Salmon replica

JohnC, Im still laughing about that Avatar thats just awesome, Mark

6. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

The house next store to me just became vacant. The owner of the house is a customer of mine. He just came over to tell me that the guy moving in there is a TAXIDERMIST! LOL 35 feet from my house. He told me I had nothing to worry about, he said he's fast but not good! LOL

7. Uncle Harley

Uncle Harley New Member

Dan you have nothing to worry about. I moved across the stree from a taxidermist last yr, and it was my first yr in business and I started out $25 higher than him he didn't lose any customers that I'm aware of however he did finally raise his price to match mine. So it could be a good thing.

8. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

I had one 4 houses down to the east of me but he folded the first year. I hope he gets a ton in so I get even more customers the next year. LOL

9. kdog1512005

kdog1512005 New Member

hey all i have to say about that is you get what you pay for, for example i had two deer done one in 06 and one in 08 the price was cheap and i thought i could save some money, well let me tell you i saved some money and got what i paid for, not what i was suppose to get. i told myself i was going back to the guys who had done my deer for years and do a fantastic job. so paying $300 dollars instead of $500-$550 is really not a bargain when it comes to quality.