1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Week in Fish Pictures~ Year 2# Week#10

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Dec 7, 2007.

1. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

The Week in Fish Pictures~ Year 2# Week#10

Welcome from Hinsdale New Hampshire!. I'm hoping that every one had a great week this week and got lots of work in or just took time to enjoy doing some taxidermy!
    Last week was a great week again with lots of great fish work!!!I really loved to see the old mixed with the new. It sure was fun for me to see the work of so many of you gifted folks from your early attempts at what we do! Great fun we'll do this again in the year for sure!

Week #9 was great and lots of truly tremendous works of art! I love to see new folks show up and show there stuff and it is a gift always to have the faithful each week show their talent too!!

From beginner's to the best in the world we all join in every week in a critique free and hassle free string with nothing more then great artist and inspiring fish taxidermist and carves get together to share with one another their praise and inspiration of good will and friendship to one another.
    So with out further ado lets get week #9 under way.

I want to start the week with a Gentleman who is here at Anglers Artistry for 10 days top work on some fish work goals! Mr Mike Meszaros of Lloydminster, Saskatchewan, Canada. Mike owns and operates A-1 Taxidermy a full time taxidermy shop. Mike has been working on a reproduction Walleye,Northen Pike and a few skin fish as well. Here is Mikes first project a beautiful Walleye reproduction in the beginning stages to near completion. The final fish picture will be up a bit later on Friday. I hope you all like Mikes fish work!

So here we go and here is to a great week #10! Enjoy!

My Best!
    Your friend
    Rick Krane

Here is Mike after priming his Walleye He is ready for the fun to start!
    [​IMG]
    Mike has his base colors and body marking done on to some of the detail work!
    [​IMG]
    Mike detailing some fin work.
    [​IMG]
    Mike doing some paint work and detailing of the lower body. Mike did all,the belly scaling from scratch and by hand Great detail here!
    [​IMG]

2. visions of wildlife taxid

visions of wildlife taxid love me or leave me, just dont try to convert me

Rick, mikes going strong it looks like, i swear i am gonna make it up there to tweak my techniques this year, that is my goal, nice wally repro for sure, Russ

3. crankin

crankin New Member

WI
    looking good, can't wait to see it finished!

4. Wild Bill

Wild Bill If my hats missing im fishing

40 in. Tiger Musky

[​IMG]

5. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

Stunning work this week. Man is that walleye ever sharp!! Great work. Can't wait to see how this weeks pics progress. Keep up the good work. Rick, see you soon!

6. Taxidermy101

Taxidermy101 New Member

Mike that is a nice Walleye so far I really like the over all color and the belly details is over the top. Did you carve them in? Who's reproduction is that your working with? I can't wait to see the Walleye finshed...Great work Mike....
    Tax101

7. mk

mk -30 below

IL
    wow awesome walleye

8. sparkyf

sparkyf New Member

Mike...That is a STUNNING job on that walleye!!!!!! Beautiful! Rick- when is the DVD coming out for that? :eek: :eek:

9. NOAH@aarrkk

[email protected] Active Member

GA
    Here's a largemouth , skin mount, I finished recently.

[​IMG]

jerry

10. FinFlight

FinFlight TRAIL CREEK

heres a brown faze smallie .Great walleye from your student Rick

11. will

will what a good look'n son of a gun

PA.
    this 42'' almost filled up our paint room...lol

12. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

Update on Mikes Walleye. Here is the finshed reproduction Walleye. Will try to have mikes Skin mounted Walleye on here next week. Great work Mike!
    Rick
    Here is some detail of Mikes Walleye repro!
    [​IMG]
    Here is the Finshed fish!
    [​IMG]

13. nate

nate Active Member

heres my pic of the week. i just cant seem to get my pictures to size any bigger!!

14. WOW! Nice job Mike!!!! Look forward to seeing more!

15. crankin

crankin New Member

WI
    turned out great Mike

16. Harum

Harum Active Member

Walleye looks great Mike. I like the details in the fins.
    Rick, Very nice trout last week! -Pete

17. UFD

UFD New Member

Super fish lately, guys! Seeing everyone’s beautiful fish work sure is a highlight to my visit to the forums, and the fun thing is that it gives me inspiration and stokes me up to hopefully sometime work on some fish that I normally don’t get to work on.

I have a small group of bright Chinook in progress right now (both replicas and skin mounts), and just finished up the first of the bunch. The only real excitement of this current fish was that a couple days ago while I was painting scales, it dropped off a stool and hit the floor when my phone headset cord caught on it – Grrrrrrr. Luckily I had only done detail painting on the body and hadn’t gotten to the head or fins yet. It took me some time to puzzle and glue all of the pieces of the head back together and fill and sand the cracks, glue a fin back on and repair some other fin cracking before I could continue on with painting, but here is the final result (replica, 48x32, 60+ lbs.)...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Taxidermy101

Taxidermy101 New Member

Really nice finished walleye Mike you should be proud of your work and leasons. UFD you always amaze me with your work. A bit early but have a happy holiday to all.
    Tax101

19. dougp

dougp Active Member

Mike nice job....pay attention....you've got a great instructor!!

UFD...
    Dave....You keep raising the bar......I'm not THAT tall!! How can I ever reach it?????

Awesome work ....a true artist and an inspiration to us all. Great of you to take the time to post and help on here.

Merry Christmas to ALL!!

Doug Petrousek

20. Jon S

Jon S Well-Known Member

Rick, what has been happening with the "Big Fish" (whale shark) restoration project?