1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Possible new Ohio/World record in Ross County -42 Point

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Todd K, Dec 7, 2007.

1. Todd K

Todd K New Member

I just recieved a new pic message on my cell phone from a friend of a 42 point buck that was hit in Ross Co. Ohio. I am not able to put pics from my phone on the computer. Does anyone have a pic of this buck? This thing has to be some sort of record. It was hit by a car. At least that is what I'm told... Kinda looks like that one Amish buck that was on here a while back. He said it was hit yesterday. Anyone got any insight on this?

2. Curt

Curt Family Life member of the NTA

can't wait to see this one!!!

3. exciter

exciter New Member

Ohio
    Todd i got the same message and picture on my phone about it being hit in Allen county and Auglaize county ohio. I looked it up online and compared the two and it is the Amish buck that was Killed in Adams cty last year By John Schmucker. Some one is trying to pull a fast one on the cell phones.

4. exciter

exciter New Member

Ohio
    Google up Amish Buck and you will see the deer

5. Todd K

Todd K New Member

I cant say if its the same buck for sure. Lets see if anyone can come up with some better evidence.

6. buckeyebullet23

buckeyebullet23 New Member

Ohio
    Well it was only a matter of time. Got these pics a few days ago. Talked to some others on this and the word around here is that it was hit on S.R. 309 in Lima, Ohio near Colonial Grove Golf course. (Which is in Allen County) ???

7. Todd K

Todd K New Member

OK, I just compared the two pics and it is clearly two different deer. Anyone who wants this pic, PM me on here with your # and I'll text this pic to you.

8. Todd K

Todd K New Member

Nevermind... Thanks Buckeye for posting that. Its the same pic on my phone. I think everyone will agree its not the Amish buck.

9. buckeyebullet23

Ohio
    Oh, I was going to say they're pretty close. ?? Curve on right antler and forked right brow.

10. Todd K

Todd K New Member

Wow after seeing that pic, maybe it is the same deer. Somebody foolin around or just bored. I wish I could see the right side or the antler better.

11. *

* Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

Amish buck

12. *

sides

13. *

sides

14. *

It's the Amish buck guys

15. buckeyebullet23

Ohio
    I'm going to have to agree after seeing the pics. Good call guys. Especially after absolutely no information regarding a deer car collision of this size.

16. Todd K

Todd K New Member

I agree also. It was wierd though, I turned on my phone this morning and that was on it. Another mystery solved!!!

17. Todd K

Todd K New Member

What is it with these Amish guys killing these monsters. I have a Amish customer( well I think he's Amish... He walked in my shop smokin a Marlboro red but he was dressed and had the bowl haircut and beard like an Amish man) Anyway he killed a monster 10 that green scored right at 200 inches. They were logging a property that the land owner does'nt allow hunting on and somehow talked the owner into letting them bowhunt it. Well, he killed that huge buck with a crossbow.I'll post some pics when I get it put together. It will be the largest one I've ever done.

18. buckeyebullet23

Ohio
    Well, I guess I don't need to clean the shop up then in case that deer shows up with people and news crews. ;D Dont know who's worse, the idiots that started the rumor or me for believing it for this long. Lol.

19. exciter

exciter New Member

Ohio
    BuckeyeBullet23,

Dont feel bad it was supposedley hit on the road right behing my work place and i went as far as going out to see if i could see any signs of a wreck or blood on the road then i got to looking and comparing it to the Amish Buck and put 2 and 2 together and thought those little bastards have nothing better to do than start rumors. I just couldnt believe there was nothing in the lima newspaper or local media.

20. buckeyebullet23

Ohio
    I'm glad I didn't start calling insurance companies! Lol.. :D