1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

hooded merganser

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by jward, Dec 9, 2007.

1. jward

jward First with a bow

Anyone have a paint schedule for the drake merganser (hooded)?

2. JLW

JLW Member

I have the paint schedule in my Breakthrough Bird finishing Manual. Only trouble would be how to get the schedule to you. Give me a phone number or someway to reach you and I will contact you. Thanks Wagner's Taxidermy ;)

3. mark11

mark11 now accepting new wholesale clients

For a drake hoody, the feet are very similiar to a drake woody with maybe a slight greenish hue, Start by painting the feet with a flesh tone, then yellow ochre, or lifetone's golden yellow, tone webs and highlights with shade brown (Van Dykes, it is a Don Holt specialty color. Almost black but gives a softer, fleshy feel.) For the bill spray with the same yellow as the feet then take the shade brown and darken from the tip to the base letting a little of the yellow show through at the base and especially at the lips, if the legs are a little on the green side lightly mist with payne's gray til you get the desired effect. The hen is basically the same but leave the bill lighter over alll. Good luck and pull out the reference. Mark