1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

How to tan step by step! Beginners, this is what you need!

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Amy, Dec 9, 2007.

1. lula

lula New Member

Ritters E-Z 1000 tan (Fail HELP)

I just used this tan. I feel like I am the only one who did not get a good result. I followed the directions down to the last detail. And why are there no "official instructions for the product? :( I had massive hair slippage. The citric acid tan I always used, had a distinct difference after the hide was in it. This product's acid did not seem to change the hide all that much. After neutralizing I put it into the tan. It was horrible. I measured the correct amount of powder, salt, and water. The hide looked no different after it sat in the liquid and the hair fell out . I mean if you rubbed it the skin could be seen. AM I doing something wrong? I measured the powder in the measured cups correctly. I fleshed it correctly. I did not slack in time/ I had a fresh fox.

2. crs

crs Member

N Tx
    :)

3. ScarlaMCR

ScarlaMCR New Member

Thank you so much for these helpful instructions!

Silly, newbie question: will this tan work for a soft mount?

4. I know this is an old post but these directions will come in handy! I just bought tanning supplies from Rittles last week and have a lot of hides that are ready for tanning lol