1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

squirrels ain't hard

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by BrokenArrow, Dec 10, 2007.

1. BrokenArrow

BrokenArrow New Member

Squirrels are the easiest mammal to mount. It don't matter what size. Cotten tails are the hardest of all mammals.
    Taxidermist shouldn't tell someone that squirrels are hard to mount. It takes me 45 min. to mount one, not incuding
    3wks. for drying time. Broken Arrow Taxidermy

2. pyeager1

pyeager1 Active Member

Why don't you post a picture of one of those "45 minute" squirrels? Then we'll post a pic of a 3 hour squirrel and see if there's any difference. ;D

3. choo choo charlie

choo choo charlie I feel pretty good for the way I feel

Takes me 45 minutes just to shake the little suckers out of the tree!

4. Jason Fessenden

Jason Fessenden My Little Princess

LMAO about the same here lol

5. BrokenArrow

BrokenArrow New Member

Bet I could out do all of you, in 45 min. want to bet?

6. pyeager1

pyeager1 Active Member

We are still waiting on a picture. ::)

7. crittercraft

crittercraft A venti caffe' mocha vodka valium latte to go plz

GA
    Yes, please share the 45 min squirrel product (does that time include skinning out those obnoxious little toes :) )

8. Matt

Matt Active Member

Wow, you should be doing wholesale squirrels then. Let's see some pics.

9. pyeager1

pyeager1 Active Member

It's not hard to see where this is going. Another young hot shot that can't tell time and mounted his first squirrel with a hide that the feet were left in from the ankle down, hide not fleshed or washed, ears not turned, lips and whiskers not fleshed, do I need to go on? Damn! its past his bedtime, so no response.

10. BrokenArrow

BrokenArrow New Member

Yes. Would like a video? $ 500.00 complete with all North American mammals, av. Dec. 08. You can go to http://www.freewebs.com/brokenarrowtaxidermy and click on 'some of my work'. Tell that to Donald Spince in Monticello Ms.
    Doing taxidermy for over 55 yrs. Check your history, he has won more championships than anyone in the world. He trained me.
    If you would like to make a wager, place your bets. You might learn something ! :)

11. pyeager1

pyeager1 Active Member

Go to Vegas dude if you want to bet. Don't bring it on here. Doing taxidermy 55 years! Is he still alive?

12. bulldog4949

bulldog4949 "Mounting your Memories"

Broken Arrow??? OK?

If that is the case....just another smart a$$ okie!!!

No offense to any other okies on here! ;)

13. pyeager1

pyeager1 Active Member

He's from Missouri. Russ! you need to get a hold of one of your younglings and settle him down.

14. BrokenArrow

BrokenArrow New Member

I don't leave in OK, I'm from Mississippi, And Donald Spince is a Ch. Native American that taught my father, that taught
    me , His name is Clifford Lambert. That's been doing work for 41 years. He has never had an unsatisfied customer.
    They both raised me in the buiss. Donald is my God uncle .

15. pyeager1

pyeager1 Active Member

How come you website reads "Granby, Missouri" ? ???

16. Uncle Harley

Uncle Harley New Member

nice pin you forgot ro remove from the fox's eye.......

17. mk

mk -30 below

IL
    SWEET! another $275 deerhead guy.

18. BrokenArrow

BrokenArrow New Member

I moved to Missouri ,met my wife and took root.

19. BrokenArrow

BrokenArrow New Member

I moved to mo. met my wife and took root.

20. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

You mean for only $500.00 I can get a video to learn how to do that? WOW Pretty good deal, and to think I almost wasted 20.00 on Bobcat Mounting: A to Z with Jan Van Hoesen. I did a search for Donald Spince and came up with nothing, not that it matters to me. I saw the work on your website and it looks like your making a killing at 100.00 for 45 minutes worth of work, and your customers are happy spending only 100.00 for squirrels, and 275.00 for deer. I'm sure you will get plenty of work, but should you decide you need a little advertisment, I would welcome you to join the Missouri Taxidermy Association and display your work free of charge at the Missouri Deer Classic in Columbia in early March.