1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

piebald deer

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by riddlesx, Nov 1, 2006.

1. riddlesx

riddlesx Guest

some loser in Rhode Island poached this the other night, well about 2 weeks ago now. The DEM got a call and said someone was shooting after dark and they rushed down there and found the deer and waited for 2 hours but the clown never returned. Lucky me. I've got a buddy that works for the Dem and he tagged it and gave it to me ;D I skinned it for a lifesize mount and someday I'll mount it...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Nina Lukaszewicz

Nina Lukaszewicz Outdoor Dreams Taxidermy

That's such a beautiful deer. It will make a really nice mount. I'm still waiting at my chance of bagging or getting a piebald deer someday. I have a hide of one right now, but it's only a flat tanned hide, not a cape.

3. Smiley

Smiley New Member

hey ryan if you don't end up mounting it i would be interested in buying it from you :)

4. trophy time

trophy time " Preserving a lifetime of memories since 1990 "

Ryan,

That doe is going to make a great lifesize mount, and a nice addition to the showroom. You will have to post some pictures when you get here completed.

5. riddlesx

riddlesx Guest

ill definitely post pics, its actually a button buck. ive got a long list of unfinished things in line before it though. ;D

6. Jims Wildlife Studio

Jims Wildlife Studio Full Time PA Taxidermist

It is very upsetting to see that some jerk would poach such a deer. It's even sadder that it was a buck that never got a chance. We have a hunting club and actually have a pie bald almost all white doe that has been around for 4 year's now. We just made up a camp rule that no one shot's the deer. It is a real pleasure to see her from time to time. My son and daughter seen her yesterday for the first time. I told them they might not ever see another one. I was really thankfull that we seen her when we were together like that.