1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

bobcat hair

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by linderbean, Nov 2, 2006.

1. linderbean

linderbean New Member

Hello all,
    I am a new and looking for a little bit of help. I'm a graduate student working on a thesis on bobcats primarily in the Galena, IL area. I am collecting bobcat hair for DNA analysis. I am looking for taxidermists along the Mississippi River from Galena to southern Illinois as well as from Galena to Minnesota. In addition, any taxidermists living along the Missouri and Osage rivers (from the Mississippi river only). I am in need of bobcat hair along these paths. I am looking for anyone that would be willing to send me some bobcat hair (or maybe even a little tissue) when they receive them for processing (not a taxidermist...don't know the lingo). I can send more detailed instructions to anyone that is interested in helping me; and I will owe you a debt of gratitude!!
    Thanks very much,
    Karrie

2. Greg Waite

Greg Waite Active Member

linderbean - this isn't the same type of "study" that was trying to get trapping banned, because of illegal catches. I read where you posted on a trapping site and was asked the same question. I will have to check and see your response to that post. In that post you were asking trappers now it's taxidermists. If you are on the up and up, I apologize but I never saw your response when asked about your "study", and I'll find out about your post.

3. linderbean

linderbean New Member

Yes, I am one and the same. Here is the link to that forum: http://www.trapperman.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=014726; Will this link work? I am new at this.

4. Greg Waite

Greg Waite Active Member

Thanks for clearing that up. I was just playing the caution card. The post there explained what I was worried about, another "lynx" episode. I apologize for doubting your intentions but in this day and age, we as sportsmen/women have to look out for things that may throw up a red flag and let others be aware of it. I hope your paper does good and helps you get to graduate. Again I apologize.

5. Karrie

Karrie Guest

Greg, It's no problem. After the trapper forum experience, I am more prepared for the suspicions. Thanks for the well wishes!

6. linderbean

linderbean New Member

I didn't realize I got logged out...but "Karrie" is me...

7. linderbean

linderbean New Member

I just realized that it may have sounded like I am "one and the same" with the lynx thing, but I was referring to the trapper forum posts from this quote: "'I read where you posted on a trapping site and was asked the same question. I will have to check and see your response to that post. In that post you were asking trappers now it's taxidermists."

8. linderbean

linderbean New Member

Hello all: No one on this forum has contacted me yet and I understand that you are all hesitant. If anyone is interested to see how things shaped up on the trapper forum, please check it out: http://www.trapperman.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=014726

As cheesy as it is, you can find a link to my webpage on my profile here, where you can find out about me and make your own decisions, which is what the trappers have done.

Thanks,
    Karrie

9. Greg Waite

Greg Waite Active Member

linderbean - The best way is to contact the state associations at the above link "associations". I wish I could help but am from NC.

10. Don Wilson

Don Wilson New Member

Wish I could help I'm a trapper from South West Indiana.

Don

11. linderbean

linderbean New Member

Thanks anyway, Don. I really appreciate that you offered!! :)