1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Looking for an apprenticeship in Arizona

Discussion in 'Training' started by ashleigh, Nov 2, 2006.

1. I'm extremely interested in taxidermy. I've spent the last several years experimenting on my own, cleaning and whitening skulls (both boiling/cleaning by hand and using my colony of dermestid beetles) which include bears, deer, bobcats, coyotes, beavers, foxes, rabbits, coons, etc; I've also been given several deer heads from a Taxidermist I knew in Ohio to practice skinning for a shoulder mount, sp I know how to turn lips, ears, eyelids, etc.... during squirrel season I killed a bunch of those little buggers and practiced whole body skinning...Taxidermy and hunting are both things I love in my life and I will never give up trying to find someone willing to teach me, even if I have to skin out heads or sweep the shop for 6$ an hour for 20 years. It's an art, and I love seeing the results of what people can do when they have talent.
    I will even consider moving if I find the right person who wants to teach me, only on one condition... if I can find a place to live that takes well behaved dogs. My dog is my best buddy and hunting partner, and I could never leave her.
    Please email me at [email protected] or give me a call at 520 237 9769 if you or if you know anyone who is interested in taking up someone who is more than willing to learn, or if you want more information from me.
    Thanks,
    Ashleigh

2. bump!

3. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

You could....

You could check out some taxidermists from AZ.

Some are listed on the site: http://www.taxidermyataa.com

You also have some in the Tucson area, give them a call.

Kerby...

4. Kerby,
    Thanks, I have never seen that site before, it's quite interesting. I've called every taxidermist in the phone book, and only one was even willing to talk to me and meet with me. He took my info down and said he might call me back in January if he needs someone.