1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

#4 Scapel Handle & #22 scapel Blade

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by akcrottweiler, Dec 24, 2007.

1. akcrottweiler

akcrottweiler New Member

I purchase a #4 Handle and Havels #22 blades and cannot get the blades mounted on the handle.Does some handles fit some blades or is there a trick to it.The handle says #4 stainless steel and i know it made in germary.

2. oldterryr

oldterryr Terry's in Heaven with no worries at all.

different handles fit different blades

3. Utility

Utility New Member

Go on Ebay where there is a guy who sells medical stuff out of FL he has a box of surgical blades and scalpul for like $13. Beats the catologs

4. Tim

Tim Olean,NY

ny
    I'm thinking a 4 fits a 22? Unless it fits a 3,i have both so I'm not positive with out looking it up.

5. SURGICAL_BLADES

SURGICAL_BLADES Member

Any brand of blades, sizes #20, #21, #22, #23, #24 or #25 blades will fit any brand #4 handle. If you have not used a scalpel handle before, note that you need to push or pull the blade into the notch to properly seat it on the handle. If you fail to seat it properly, it will not lock into place on the handle.

6. SURGICAL_BLADES

SURGICAL_BLADES Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I offer Brand New Sterile sealed boxes of Superior Carbon Steel Surgical Blades, 100/box, for only $8.70/box. Available sizes are #10, #11, #12, #15, #20, #21, #22, #23, #24 and #25. Shipping is only $4.70 for the 1st box, and only $1.90/bx for each additional box in the USA. I also offer stainless steel #3 handles (for blades #10,#11,#12 and #15) and stainless steel #4 handles (for blades #20, #21, #22, #23, #24 and #25), either handle is only $2 when ordered with blades. These are Superior blades, and lots of you have already ordered and reordered them. I accept money orders, checks and Paypal. E-mail me with any questions. I look forward to hearing from you soon!

For any questions, orders, comments, please e-mail me at : [email protected] Thanks!!

7. RoyalOaksRanch

RoyalOaksRanch Royal Oaks Taxidermy- When Quality Counts...

Look in WASCO Catlaog, 22's require the sh6 handle or the SH4 blue plastic. I use the SH6 which is a "deluxe" handle, being fatter and fit more comfortably in your hand. they are nicely balanced and to me are just over all better than the thinner handles..
    I swear by those havels. Its the only thing I use..