1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

still brinigng them in?

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by cwt, Dec 24, 2007.

1. cwt

cwt Active Member

just wondering how everyone is doing right now keepin' busy or winding down i think i took my last one in for this season.does'nt seem like to many people are out in the field anymore

2. cwt

cwt Active Member

i should learn to spell lol

3. Matt

Matt Active Member

wts will come into my shop until March-April. Some guys always wait forever to bring them in. They will call and let me know they're in the freezer though.

4. BDrake

BDrake Active Member

Matt, there are always a few that come in long since the season ended! Had one come in this past August and was taken in 06. Had a fellow call and said he was bringing in 5 for his group, all frozen, 2 from 06. I let them thaw, the next day I walked into the shop and noticed a very stong Deer smell. I inspected the Deer and the 2 from 06 had GREEN eyes! Very spoiled....I called the fellow up and told himthe condition of the capes and he replyed,Well the freezer went out for a while! I did have a Father bring in a Black Hawian Ram that his son took as a Christmas present, I need more Dads like him!

5. TrailsEnd

TrailsEnd Don't forget the elderly, the young and disabled

muzzeloader and late season archery starts tomorrow on the 26th. I am sure there will be some heads coming in. We had very bad weather the first day in PA and not many bucks were taken in my area. Actually the entire season had a low kill where I live.

6. Bobbi Meyer

Bobbi Meyer I luv to ride my tricycle, I luv to ride my trike

I figured I was pretty much done taking in any for this year, then one of my regular customers came by the other day to pay some on a mount and said he has 3 more of his buddies bringing me deer...oh yeah.

7. I always get a couple in during tax season when they get a return it is like found money.

8. cht

cht New Member

Seems like I alwase get a few in when the deer sticks are ready at the meat locker and people find out that there freezer is full. Got 4 in today.

9. Curt

Curt Family Life member of the NTA

I pick up a few with tax returns also.