1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Suppliers love my dumb A$$

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by AndyO, Dec 29, 2007.

1. Just got done picking through yesterdays trash in hopes of finding three sets of fish eyes, an artificial fish head, fins (for the repo I didn't throw away), five sets of ear liners, and a fox jawset I tossed :mad: :mad:. I remember pulling these things out for next weeks workorders. I put everything in a small box to get them out of the way when I was unpacking more supplies. I must have thrown the small box in with the big ones. That will teach my dumb a$$ ...until next month when I "misplace" something else.

2. rnviper3

rnviper3 New Member

we all have done similar things. i ordered a rubber o ring for my air compressor, that was very unique to the compressor. it was very small. and cost .50 cents. minimum order of 10.00 plus shipping. this .50 cent part cost me 16.00. when it came in, i was too busy to get to it right away, so i put it somewhere it wouldn't get lost. guess what. that was 3 years ago and i still can't find it. i had to order another one, so i ended up spending 32.00 for a .50 cent part. now thats dumb.

3. mrdux

mrdux Member

A local taxidermist sent me 6 customer turkey heads to freeze dry and I ended up cleaning out my refrigerator and tossing the turkey heads in the trash. I took the trash to our local "green box" station and tossed it into one of about 20 boxes. I realized what I had done a couple of hours later. I went back to the station and "dumpster dove" for about an hour with no luck. Luckily I had enough extra heads to replace them all. I'll pay attention next time I decide to clean up the place!

4. Heck I am still waiting for the customer who tossed a turkey in the truck. Someone will call oneday and will they be suprised!!! It was summer and I found it like three weeks later.

Loosing things is why I have two of everything.

5. Becky P

Becky P One must believe the glass is half full.

If I put something "someplace so I don't forget", you can better believe I'm gonna forget.

6. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

I pulled a competition cape out of the freezer when looking for a different cape, and it got lost in a pile of boots and junk on the floor in the utility room. A few days later, I hung a Caribou in the utility room to dry, thinking that the caribou was starting to stink, and it wasn't the caribou. There in the boot pile in a plastic bag was this comp cape. I opened the back door, and punted the bag into the snow bank, the bag opened in mid air and the hair blew away. I was sad.

7. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

Haven't thrown out any supplies .....YET......but I did once throw out my favorite pair of fish skinning scissors with fish carcasses

8. Becky P

I'd be sad too T.
    I lost my favorite modeling tool, bought a new one, then 6 months later found the old one stuck in a Breakthrough Mag. Now I have two and still have to hunt for one. I double check every piece of wire before chucking it out just to make sure it's wire and not the tool (it's real thin like a piece of wire)

9. Tom Cruickshank

Tom Cruickshank The History Channel says I'm "creepy"!!

You throw away wire? :eek: I thought you were one of them there packrats! ;)

10. Becky P

Yep, sometimes I clean shop then I regret it.

11. visions of wildlife taxid

visions of wildlife taxid love me or leave me, just dont try to convert me

i bet you threw out your monkey food to didnt you becky, it wont matter if you threw away your jerry beads the last time you cleaned, i am bringin more when i come down :eek: ;D :eek:

12. RoyalOaksRanch

RoyalOaksRanch Royal Oaks Taxidermy- When Quality Counts...

Well here is my stupid story...

I ordered a couple of african cape/hide complete with horns.. Happy as a clam I pull out the horns and cape/hide and proceed to drool over my luck at being able to get them..
    few days later Im wondering about how Im gonna mount the horns since they dont have skull caps and asked a friend about it.... Well I was told they should have come with them.. Now IM thinking Im going to have to build my own caps.. Which has me worried since these will be my first african mounts..So I email the seller and while waiting for the reply I dig thru the trash pile and there they were down in the shipping material.. I felt like such an idiot.. LOL... Thank goodness my son hadnt thrown out the box yet. It was seting with a bunch of other boxes ready to be smashed and tossed in my bin.. Least he hadnt jumped up and down on the boxes to flatten them LOL..
    Needless to say I emailed the seller immediately and apologized for stupidty and let him know I had found the skull caps LOL....Talk about embarassing LOL...
    I also lost my modeling tool one day. I searched all over the dang place.. Finally gave up and figured Id order another with my next order.. About 4 days later I went to move some forms out of the way and there that dang modeling tool was stuck in the neck of a form.. I swear it must have been a gremelin that put it there

13. den007

den007 Active Member

Once got a box with 2 fish replicas in it. I liked the first one so much, I started working on it. Later in the day, I checked the invoice and noticed another fish on it.

"Oh honey, where is that box that came in the mail today."

"Just burned it with the trash, sugar plum."

Sure enough, the grisly remains were still smoldering.

14. I bet that stunk up the neighborhood pretty good :D