1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Griffith's Big Game Taxidermy School Gruaduation Day

Discussion in 'Training' started by Big John, Nov 5, 2006.

1. I want to congratulate Steve Wheeler from Zanesville, Ohio for his Outstanding performance here at Griffith's Big Game Taxidermy School. Steve was an outstanding student during his six (6) day stay here at our School.

In the time frame that Steve was under our training we completely caped out 4 deer heads, fleshed out and tanned all of them. Then we completely mounted two full shoulder mounts.

Also, Steve was lucky enough to take a Beautiful 250 lb black bear this past June in Canada. Steve's cousin also took a nice black bear and we completely fleshed them out and salted them down. They will be sent to the tannery and when they come back Steve is going to take our Full Body Bear mounting course. Congratulations again Steve on your Outstanding achievement and successfully graduating from Griffith's Big Game Taxidermy School.

2. Yes, this was Steve's first time in capping, fleshing, mounting and finishing a whitetail. I only have one close up of the nose work. Thanks.

John Griffith
    www.griffithtaxidermy.com

3. nuthin fancy

nuthin fancy New Member

nice job looks great !!Steve don't forget to post them pictures of the bears when you finish them!!Joe t

4. Steve W

Steve W Member

ohio
    Thanks Joe for the compliments. Thanks John for the kind words and all your hard work this weekend on those greasy bears. I'll say it again, anybody looking for training or just tips for improving your work just give John a call. John is a great teacher and taxidermist. I wouldn't change a thing about his classes, very comfortable atmosphere and great facilities to work on just about anything, can't wait to get back and work on that bear, Steve

5. In reference to your question as to how many hours we worked in the shop and the answer is usually from 8AM - Until finished or 5PM. On fleshing out those two bears I believe it took us almost 10 hours that day.

Don't forget now is the time to seek out that TRAINING.... Merry X-mas and Happy New Year's to ALL.

John Griffith

6. I just wanted to say "Thanks" for all the past students who have been here for training. Also, we are looking forward to working with new students who are trying to learn or improve there game head mounting. Happy New Year's to ALL. Again, check us out on the web at www.griffithtaxidermy.com

I have attached a reference photo that I took recently of a buck drinking water. Look at it closely and notice the transformation it took to just drink water.

Thanks,

John Griffith

7. Now is the time to get necessary training. Give us a call or visit our website at www.griffithtaxidermy.com

Thanks,

John Griffith