1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Keystone fur dressing

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by KevinH, Sep 5, 2006.

1. KevinH

KevinH Active Member

Just wanted some comments on Keystone fur dressing. I use another tannery but Keystone would be closer to home, (save on shipping) Just wondering about their quality and turnaround time. Thanks, Kevin

2. R.U.DUN.YET

R.U.DUN.YET New Member

PA
    I heard they lost a few key members this summer. Don't know if this true but that is what I have heard. Check the old archives to see what has been said. The few dollars saved in shipping is not always good money saved. It could end up costing you more in the long run.

3. I USED KEYSTONE IN THE PAST OVER TWO YEARS AGO AND WILL NOT USE THEM AGAIN, HIDES LOOKED LIKE SWISS CHEESE. I HAVE BEEN USING EAST COAST WITH GOOD SUCCESS AS WELL AS SIVCO

4. jessicaj

jessicaj New Member

I heard that East Coast turned their hides into swiss cheese. I personally don't have an opionion on them as I have never used them but heard alot of bad things about them. I've heard wild life gallery is one of the best.

5. as far as east coast making swiss cheese out of your hides they are one of the best at not making holes.

6. hunterray2002

hunterray2002 http://www.finandfoto.com

I will never again use them for the same reason as above. you want holes all through your hides and more sewing work then you care to mention then by all means go right ahead and take your hides to them. I have had more then my share of experiances with those people and really took the cake the last time I wanted a fawn tanned todo for a rug for a customer. They completely cut the entire tail off and butchered holes all over the hide. That was the last.Dont ever take a bear hide there as well. nuff said.

7. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Thats really odd, because I found Keystones tan to be one of the stretchiest out there, and the shaving was pretty uniform. I have had no problems with Keystone at all. I HAVE had capes that were shaved through, way too many of them, but it was NOT Keystone. I dont think you could go wrong using Keystone. Anyone that knows me, knows I no longer reccommend any tannery. But I will always say it as it is!

8. fursupplier

fursupplier Guest

I never had any problems with East Coast Tannery; they did a very nice job on skins for me. My customers love the skins, too, so it's not just 'my word' I have to judge them by now... it's my customers' word and that really matters!

9. RobinK

RobinK New Member

I use them never had any problems they get good stretch right now im getting stuff back four to six weeks i did use carolina fur dressing but there so far behind hunting season is here and still waiting on items RobinK

10. oldshaver

oldshaver Guest

Robin, Cfd isnt behind anymore. If your trying to say that you sent in skins last hunting season, and still havent gotten them, thats not true. We are currently working on August, and it take less than 2 weeks to go through the skins that were recieved in that month. Even less time with September.

11. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Youll never hear me complain about Carolina either. I have always received prompt service, on time, and a superior product. Whenever I hear a complaint about the good tanneries, I know theres more to the story.

12. Bruce Foster

Bruce Foster Guest

Old Shaver.......you know where my alliance is......CFD is the best.....period!