1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Red Tailed Hawk

Discussion in 'Bird Reference Photos' started by arkfisher, Jan 4, 2008.

1. This one got in one of my bobcat traps...all of my bait was covered...not sure how it happened. He was released, but I snapped a couple pictures first.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Chester1977

Chester1977 New Member

Outstanding, how did you get it out of the trap? And please elaberate a little more than "very carefully"

3. Haha...you knew where I was gonna go with that!

Actually...I didn't have any problem at all...he was facing away from the trap stretched out like in the picture...

I slowly walked up behind him and kinda wiggled the chain a little to see if he was going to go crazy...he didn't...guess he figured I was either going to help him or kill him....he must have been ready for either. I just pulled the springs back and dropped his foot out. then walked off.... He wasn't there when I came back by.

4. Gooter

Gooter My Taxidermy Assistant

Here is a link to a website with some incredible close-up shots...lots of them.

http://www.pbase.com/gaocus/hawks

5. cyclone

cyclone Posts: 400001

I'm curious...exposed bait?

6. Actually...no I even had the set covered and boxed in for bobcats. It was about 15 inches under my stick box that I made....no feathers hanging or anything....I was using some lure rubbed on the back of the box.... Not sure what happened.