1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

electric stapler

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Wayne D, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Wayne D

Wayne D New Member

has anyone tried one for back of deer and do they have enough power.
    thanks,wayne.

2. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

I like an air stapler.

3. nibjones

nibjones Join your States Taxidermy Assoc.

sorry, air for me too.

4. JL

JL Taxidermist for 64 years

I've tried them all and none of them worked for me. I now use an air stapler with the air set at 50 lbs. Problem solved!!! Good luck....JL

5. Bobbi Meyer

Bobbi Meyer I luv to ride my tricycle, I luv to ride my trike

I use an electric stapler...granted air would be better, but I only have an air compressor large enough to run my air brush.

6. Lisa M

Lisa M Swing like no one is watching...lol

I have both. I love tools...air one came with some other tools I wanted, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered buying it, cause the electric works fine. I like the air too.

7. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

The best air stapler is still a POS up against a QUALITY electric stapler. I have 3 air guns that will shoot staples up to 3 inches, but when I'm working gameheads, I wouldn't bother pulling the air hose out. I have the professional model DuoFast (ENC 5418) stapler. In fact, I have a new one in the box just in case the old one dies on a weekend. It pushes a thin crowned (1/4 inch) 9/16 inch staple slightly below flush on ANY WOOD including oak. I also buy the 9/16 "carpet staples" as they have pointed and beveled prongs that splay open as they drive down into the wood. If you misdrive one, you'll tear the hide off before you ever pull that staple out. It comes with an 8 foot standard cord that will reach any work station.

Just a note. Shop your yellow pages for the nearest Duo-Fast dealer. The suppliers mark up on these units is almost $100 and they seldom carry anything other than those "multi-purpose" staples.

8. Curt

Curt Family Life member of the NTA

I agree with George, the Duo-Fast Rocks.

9. RoyalOaksRanch

RoyalOaksRanch Royal Oaks Taxidermy- When Quality Counts...

I have 19 volt cordless.... WOrks just fine...

10. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Can I have it ::)

11. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

I have a Powermate pancake compressor that came with a combination finish nail/narrow crown staple gun.
    The whole kit was less than a hundred bucks.
    Addictive.....

12. oldterryr

oldterryr Terry's in Heaven with no worries at all.

i bot the cheapest electric wal mart sells and it drives 'em straight thru skin and buries into the wood - i am only using 5/16" staples

13. Forrest Sue

Forrest Sue New Member

I use an electric stapler on thin skins but my mind is usualoy already on the next mount so I forget to hole it tight & close so sometimes I have to tack it in with a hammer.

14. Bobbi Meyer

Bobbi Meyer I luv to ride my tricycle, I luv to ride my trike

the secret to the less powerful staplers is to make sure and rock that baby back and forth so you actually get to the skin and aren't trying to staple through all that hair. Mine is electric, but I still go around and tap the staples down with a hammer.

15. I use an air stapler. My electric stapler didn't have a safe feature so I found myself wasting too many staples shooting at the dog ;D. I have to make contact with something before my air stapler will fire.

16. I use the Duo fast stapler also.
    It is one I have had for 30 years now, and used it almost every day as I was a floor layer.
    Well worth the money spent on it.

17. batshouse

batshouse Member

i use an air/electric stapler. I rub my feet really fast on some carpet, place a staple between my buns, then i touch my wifes cheek. This causes her to punch me straight in the gut causing a flood of air to be explelled firing the staple deep into the form. make sure u eat beans before trying this. Hope this helps......haha

Bat

18. coasthunterjay

coasthunterjay AJ Emerick (aka Jay)

Hey wayne. trying to get a hold of you. PM me or Email me back at [email protected] ....Thanks, AJ

19. TrailsEnd

TrailsEnd Don't forget the elderly, the young and disabled

Air for me too. My electric stapler doesn't have enough power to drive staples into the plywood backboard. My air tool drives them in real good.