1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Reinhart

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by bow98, Jan 4, 2008.

1. bow98

bow98 Member

Hello all. I'm new here and just getting in to Taxidermy. Does anyone have an opinion on Reinharts whitetail kit. Is this the way to go for first attempt.
    Thanks.............

2. nibjones

nibjones Join your States Taxidermy Assoc.

I am not familiar with the kits but, I would not get pre set eyes it is much better to have good reference and build your own.

3. kingcobrakidd

kingcobrakidd New Member

I use his forms with preset eyes and love them, especialy if the customer is in a hurry. as for the "kit"
    you need
    form
    eyes
    ears (?) or bondo
    critter clay
    a tucking tool
    hide paste
    needle and thread
    pins
    a few screws
    Krowtan or other tan method
    Id add a skife and scalpel

Id price it out seperatly, see if there are other methods recomended here where you could save or cut corners

the other issue is can you get the kit with a apropriate size manikin for the hide you have?

4. bow98

bow98 Member

The kit is $89.00 and is supposed to be all inclusive........He throws in his Whitetail mounting video for free. Shipping will be around $20.00. I work with a guy who does a lot of deer and he swears by the tanning cream.........I sent my measurements with my order hopefully they send the right form or I will be screwed.........

5. bill@hogheaven

[email protected] New Member

Why did you ask the question? Looks like you ordered the kit before you posted.

6. bow98

bow98 Member

Found this site after I ordered......Was looking for tips........Didn't know people were going to be A##%&&$#.......Won't bother you again........Sorry..........

7. Sprig

Sprig New Member

ND
    Someone needs a hug. :)

8. nibjones

nibjones Join your States Taxidermy Assoc.

I second that Sprig. It's to bad he doesn't say were he is so somebody close can give him one. bow98, if you are gonna hang around here don't were your feelings on your shirt sleeve and get over stuff fast.

9. elkevo

elkevo Tailgate Bucks

bow98; it's a big world out there, hang in there, learn from others and don't give up to soon. Take all the advice you can get, either way it comes at you. Key word " Listen", learn and then keep asking anything you want to know. There are good people in this world.

Steve

10. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Bow98, looks like YOU fit that billing better then these guys. Funny thing about a comment made, it sometimes reveals what a person REALLY has in mind. Id change that attitude if you plan to enjoy this site. If a simple statement like Bill's sets you off to that extent, I wouldnt get too comfortable here...

11. batshouse

batshouse Member

Man i love the drama.....keeps me comin back yeehaaaaa

Bat