1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Another Airbrush SAVE...Nyala

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by *, Jan 5, 2008.

1. *

* Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

And I sweep the floor.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. You rock *.

Do you have your own truck people to ship your mounts? Just wondering.

3. cattrax

cattrax Beats being in the shop!

Curious Dennis, were your clients aware of these slip conditions when you took on the project and how you handle the pr.

4. *

Catrax, When a safari come in they know problems arise.
    I get a LOT of mounts that other taxidermists SAY they can't be mounted.

THIS IS ONE.

I have a nickname that has been given to me over my many years in this business
    It's the" GARBAGE MAN".

I litterally take skins OUT OF THE GARBAGE that other taxidermists have told clients , "these are not mountable" and give my clients a finished piece that they are happy with.

The bottom line here is what the customer doesn't know, doesn't hurt you.They are only interested in the finished piece , how you arrive at it is up to you.

If they ask why something looks like this I show them pics of it before finishing and never had a complaint.

5. cattrax

cattrax Beats being in the shop!

Well, the results are obvious. BTW "garbage man" doesn't seem to fit the class of work I've seen on here.

6. GWebb

GWebb Active Member

Amazing...........

7. Dennis, It reminds me of the Fox 2 news guy that is black and has vitaligo (sp?). He uses make up to match the brown color pigment in his skin. Presto, white patches hidden, at least to us viewers. He was on the national news last night.

Your an 80's Rock God!!!!!!!

8. Don Z

Don Z Taxidermist,bowhunter, trapper,family man.

Ohio
    I love that Garbage!!!!!!!!!!

9. Doylestudio

Doylestudio Active Member

Great job on the airbrushing there Dennis!!
    Have you started any projects for the state show yet?

Mike

10. ed150

ed150 deer city time

dennis, that lynx in the background looks sweet,why dont you post a photo of it.

11. How did you replace the hair that was lost?

12. *

AHHH ,no hair replaced ,it's painted in

13. Nina Lukaszewicz

Nina Lukaszewicz Outdoor Dreams Taxidermy

Dennis, YOU ARE GOOD!!!

Awesome mount and paint job.

14. Awesome mount. I know this has probably been asked on one of your previous posts, but how common is slippage of this level when dealing with the african mounts? I understand that it depends on the care / prep of the hides while still in Africa, but I am asking for a percentage of the amount of African hides you deal with.

I am wanting to jump on some of the African capes for sale on here, but am concerned that I will end up with a mount that will require alot of repair.

thanks

J

15. Big Sky

Big Sky Member

Could you please post a close up image of the head and neck?

16. oldshaver

oldshaver Guest

Dennis, did you have any other spiral horns in that safari? Bushbusk, eland? Did they look like that, or have that bad of a problem with the epidermal loss? Im asking this for a reason.

17. AZ~Rich

AZ~Rich " Africa" never fails to satisfy

Dennis, that is an inspiration... My Nyala is not anywhere as bad as that one, but I have similar issues with epidermal slip in places. Now I know it will look fine when airbrushed. I'll post a pic of it when I'm finished. BTW, You do some really nice work!

One question on your latest buff.... did the client want it finished spic and span clean? I've never seen a mature Cape Buff bull in the wild that was not generally scarred up and caked with mud, dust, etc.

18. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

* made a point, we are no different from auto body repair guys, we fix wrecks. When most buy a new fender, * just fixes them. A customer could care less what you have to do to salvage his mount, finished is all the customer wants. * is good at it, he motivates us to "think outside the box" .

19. Pepperbd

Pepperbd New Member

Where are you * and how much for a week long class with you? ;D

20. Nice work Dennis! as always