1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Let me know what you think !!!

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Mike H, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Mike H

Mike H Member

Not done, but done for tonight. Thanks.

2. Mike H

Mike H Member

Another.

3. Mike H

Mike H Member

Sorry the pictures are not the greastest.

4. James Marsico

James Marsico Well-Known Member

The individual mounts look great BUT it looks like the buck and the wolves are all friends on a romp together to me. ?

5. *

* Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

I"ll agree, and get rid of the black one , he's NOT GOING to be there,,, if he was that far up on that deer he'd have his mouth round that deers neck.
    He has a happy face and looks like he's enjoying his romp with his friends
    My opinion , get rid of the black one get the white one back about a foot and raise his head
    You'll improve your look
    Your mounts are nice but the presentation is way off

6. juli

juli Active Member

the left eye on the white wolf looks like it is not quite positioned correctly...or maybe it would be better to say that both eyes are not looking in the same direction...maybe next time have the wolf's head turned toward the deer, with the mouth slightly open...

Also - I think I would have used two grey wolves..or a grey and black..the white wolf draws attention off the other mounts.....

I agree - get rid of the black wolf...just doesn't belong....

7. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

I don't need to pile on here, but that group looks unballanced as Dolly Pardon with one titt.

8. Mike H

Mike H Member

Thank you for your comments. This started as a two piece base but had to combine it to one. Does the the pine tree help to show the split of the wolf and deer? I'm trying to make this work as one piece.

9. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

The way to salvage this mount is to have the black one, three feet behind the deer, and the white one following the black one, neither dog is in the attack mode, and the deer is not in the fear or excited mode. There are no ornaments on the tree, whats up with that?

10. Mike H

Mike H Member

Does anyone have any reference photos of a deer that is terrified? The last time I was in the woods hunting for a deer and a gun was pointed at it, I never saw any difference in its facial expression. Does like his mouth open and drop or does his eyes bulge out? LOL I am a little confused...... I mounted many positions but never one with the look of fear on its face. PLEASE HELP.

11. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Thats your job, to create the fear, eyes wide open, mouth open, havent you seen a deer that has been chased, come walking past you with it's mouth wide open sucking air? Pictures help, but you need to use your creativity. Get jiggy with it.

12. Doylestudio

Doylestudio Active Member

I don't think you should get rid of the black Wolf, it's obvious there will have to be a
    photo finish at the end and I think the black one has that deer by a nose.

Mike

13. looks like there playing go fetch' the white one looks sad the black one looks excited and the deer is looking for the ball,
    also dump the tree.. might be better 3 seperate mounts or the black behind......nice setup :)

14. elkevo

elkevo Tailgate Bucks

Looks like what Mr. T says is what it needs, the black wolf behind the buck ready to jump up on it's back and neck. I sure do like the mounts, but just reposition them for the proper attack mode. The work looks great to me other wise. Wish I owned them

Steve

15. Maybe you could have a small tree or log leaning from under the black one to over the back of the deer as if he was going under it and the black jumping over it. would give reason for the positioning. nice individual mounts by the way.

16. Brian

Brian Active Member

mounts look to nice to use that crappy fake looking pine tree. id use some real nice big pieces of driftwood. move the wolves back and please dont use that tree.

17. Dan Bond

Dan Bond Member

I think they all individually look good but I agree the wolves should be dropped back. Perhaps the black one cutting the angle on the deer 2 to 3 foot back and the white one just behind him or a third the way upoverlapping the body of the back of the black one to give a little color contrast. Maybe even a little curved base to give it flow. Now if on the other hand the buck was orphaned and raised it hole life by wolves as one of the pack,then leave it be. Just kidding, honestly the animals all look excellent, they show your talent. Good Job

18. i'm with everyone else, I think having the deer going under something and the wolf going over would help a lot and please don't use that pine tree it just looks too fake.

19. TrailsEnd

TrailsEnd Don't forget the elderly, the young and disabled

Nice mounts, but too much going on

20. Todd K

Todd K New Member

Has anyone suggested loosing the tree and the deer? I like the wolves but as someone stated earlier, they look playful and would look good just chasing each other in maybe a simple snow scene. You could use the deer in a different scene with another buck or a doe.