1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

water splash habitat

Discussion in 'Habitat and Exhibit' started by mountman, Jan 7, 2008.

1. mountman

mountman New Member

Iowa
    I saw a post earlier about the water splashes.
    I found these pics so thought I'd post them for all to see.
    I did the scene using those pellets from VanDykes spread out on foil in the oven.
    Started putting them together and this is what I came up with.
    BTW water scenes are fun to do but do take some time and thought. 8) :)
    Jeff

birddog1964 and Victoriav like this.
  2. Victoriav

Victoriav New Member

Hi, I’m hoping to create a splash for an art work. Are you able to give more information about how you achieve this look? A video would be great! It’s a bit hard to follow what you mean.
    I was hoping to make a large raindrops, any help or suggestions would be appreciated

3. jemmick

jemmick Active Member

WNY
    Funny I don't see the pic.??

4. dale65

dale65 Active Member

I don't see it

5. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

No picture

6. no photo because that junk dont work have tried it many times. Waste of money

AubreyW and A hunt 2 remember like this.
  7. I've been working on an active water scene. I'm pretty close making falls and current. But suspended water is my next venture. I make droplets of water out of crystal clear silicone.
    Just a drop on a piece of glass and then pull the tip up. makes a decent droplet. Also, I make falling water with the silicone as well. I use a PVA release agent on a piece of glass, (let it dry) Then I use the silicone to create the initial look of the fall in strips of the silicone. (just lines of the caulk) Then while still wet I use a piece of wood (broken off jagged on the end) and add some wavy lines in the caulk giving it a flowing effect. When the silicone dries just peel it away and rinse the PVA away and you have crystal clear flowing water. If you plan ahead and make the water split in areas you can make it look as if the water is being split by rocks.... I use Mod podge for my current ripples strait out of an applicator and then a watered down version swirled over the area for the subtle flow..... Seems to work pretty well. While all this is working well, my goal is to find a resin that is affordable enough to pour at times say 2 gallons.