1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Dumb A** of the week Award!!

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Bubbas, Jan 8, 2008.

1. I WIN! The dumb a** of the week prize. I worked on three whitetail skulls today and placed them in the bed of the truck and off to grandma's for dinner we go.
    When we got back to the shop I tell hubby hey get that bucket of skulls out of the back and he says what skulls. You guessed it I left the tailgate down and out of the back went the bucket!! Well this was 7:00 pm and I went looking I found my box of gloves and my tools but no orange bucket and no skulls! Well at 9:15 pm I get a call from a man down the street Hey you missing some skulls!! Its seems he found them on the side of the road on his way to the mens meeting at church. And it also seems that the local game warden is also there. And tells him hey bet those belong to Dwayne and Kim down at Bubba's!! Boy are we going to church this Sunday!! And I had to make him take a reward!! Just goes to show you there are still good people out there!

Now hubby wasnt mad because he said I would beat myself up enough about this and having to call clients was going to be hard on me he didnt want to add to it. But now that the skulls are back he is making fun of me!! Say I have to wear the Dumb a** of the week cap!!

Oh well skulls are home. Want to bet I NEVER leave the tailgate down again!!

Kim

2. Jason O

Jason O Active Member

Wi
    congratulations i think
    lmao

3. rnviper3

rnviper3 New Member

thats funny Kim. cant say i did that one, but this could make an interesting thread. i will exclude myself from this one tho.

4. I think this would be a funny weekly thread but you can only nominate yourself. Hey we've all done something stupid. I can add on Sat night i was stapling a deer hide to the back of the form and yep, I put one right through my thumb and stapled it right to the board. I know its not new though, because I have read that one on here before.

5. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

I am very glad that you found them. Calling a customer to tell them you have lost their stuff is bad news. I do skulls for a lot of people. At least once annually, a taxidermist will call me frantically looking for a skull. Most of the time they are deep in his freezer or cooler...not mine.

6. That was going to be the worst part making those calls. All belong to clients that have used us for years and we were going to give them a free shoudler mount on their next whitetail. But that still wouldnt make up for losing their deer this year.

Kim

7. EX-NTA

EX-NTA New Member

Bubbas,

That was hilarious, but I think I may have one that comes close. My wife left the dome light on in our Suburban last night, so I needed to recharge the battery. Unfortunately, all of my extention cords were still connected to the Christmas lights. No problem, right? I went out back, unplugged one of the cords and started pulling it down from the roof. Well, it snowed about six inches last night and the cord had frozen to the roof. I figured I was a pretty tough guy, so I just gave it a big jerk. It came loose and the plug end of the cord hit me in the face. I had pulled so hard that when it hit me it cut a gash in my cheek about 1/2 inch long. I felt my cheek and it felt like it was cut,but there was no blood. And then my mouth started filling with blood. I finished hooking the truck up to the charger and then went to check it out in the mirror. The plug had actually cut a hole all the way through my cheek about big enough to put my finger through, not good! The cut was bad, but it still wasn't bleeding too bad on the outside so I used my taxidermist skills to superglue it back together. You know, a little glue, a small piece of toiletpaper, and a little more glue and a blowdryer and you're good to go. Other than a nasty gob of glue and TP, it actually looks pretty good! I'll have to post some pictures when it heels.

Wade

8. LTravis

LTravis New Member

Sounds like the time Dad and I went fishing in Feb...we got home late and I left the poles in the truck bed...well it snowed 8 inches overnight...next day the wife is driving my truck...she comes home and says she did something really cool down at the 4 way stop...I asked her what she did and she told me she put the tail gate down and punched it---the snow went flying right out the back of the truck....along with 3 of my best crappie rigs...lol