1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

yote price

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by brdhnt, Jan 11, 2008.

1. brdhnt

brdhnt New Member

i had a guy call me just wanted a reagular wet tanned yote what would be a good price o tell him

2. oldshaver

oldshaver Guest

If it was wet tanned, then it will be mounted, by you. That should be figured into your mount. Dry tanned is for a throw,etc. Find a tannery that does wholesale only, and at least double the price. The good Tannerys jack prices up so high, for retail work, that they get little to NO retail skins. They dont want to bite the hand that is feeding them.

3. RoyalOaksRanch

RoyalOaksRanch Royal Oaks Taxidermy- When Quality Counts...

Hes wanting it WET tanned? That would seem to mean as old Shaver pointed out, hes gonna either mount it himself or have someone else besides you mount it. Personally I dont have time to tan stuff for other taxidermists. If they bring it in for me to do, I do it as part of the mount.
    If you DO decide to do it, plan on being blamed if anything goes wrong with the mount. And Make it well worth your while... Double or triple the tannery rate. Mainly because youre gonna be doing the work, PLUS they get the added bonus of getting it back fairly quick. AND not having to pay for shipping etc.
    Personally I wouldnt touch it.