1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

BASIC Primer for Whitetail Eyes Clay Work

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by George, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Heath Cline

Heath Cline Well-Known Member

Ohio
    George, I bet some people on this forum wish you had my "rosy attitude " too !! HAHA

"That eyeset and clay work aren't MINE, they belong to a bunch of people collectively who showed me a way of compensating and modifying what they did to come up with what I do. Clay in the hands of an artist make art, but in the hands of a novice make mud pies. Most of us aren't that gifted that we can't use any extra help we can find."

Could not agree more !! Especially the last two sentences !!

And I don't ever care to mount on a paper form ever again. You & I both know some true artist that could make a paper form come alive but I ain't one of them and don't care to be either !! I will keep trying luck on the foam ones.

2. Jason O

Jason O Active Member

Wi
    i think this needs a ride to the top

3. possom hawk

possom hawk Luv the smell of black powder in the morning

George,I don't get on here that often and I found this post and thought I would try your method. WOW!
    I would like to thank you for the tutorial, it helped me a lot. I have always has trouble setting eyes. Like some of the others I would pre set them and end up adding more clay and work extra trying to get them at least close. I used what you gave and this time was the quickest and easyest I have ever set deer eyes. Thank you again for sharing your method.
    Bob

4. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

ttt ;D

5. gary61

gary61 Member

Thanks George I just printed them out

6. oldterryr

oldterryr Terry's in Heaven with no worries at all.

good job george

7. ed150

ed150 deer city time

neat

8. thatguyonline

thatguyonline winnie the pooh

WI
    Yea Rick's is way different.

9. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

I dont get them even that good before the skin goes on....wink.