1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

South Carolina Association of Taxidermists 2008

Discussion in 'Convention Information' started by Ken Edwards, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

March 7th through 8th, 2008
    The 28th Annual South Carolina Association of Taxidermists Convention & Competition [​IMG]
    Ramada Inn, Columbia, SC
    Contact <A HREF="mailto:[email protected]">Randy Jordan</A> at 803-89-5178 (day) or 803-789-5416 (evening).

2. Southland Taxidermy

Southland Taxidermy Join your State and National Taxidermy Association

I will be there!! and encourage everyone who can to come we will have Don Stevens judging deer and his wife Jessica judging mammals. Page Nethercut will be judging birds. also have heard that Archie Phillips will be there to give his business seminar. all of these judges have must see seminars so come to the show even if you don't compete you can still learn from these seminars!!

3. i'm going

4. I will be there too . My first comp. and convention.

5. Amy

Amy Mammal artist

I've never been to the SC show before but I'm planning on being there!

6. EJ

EJ Proud Member of: Unaffiliated, Free Agent

We'll be there bright and early Friday morning!

7. CONGRATULATIONS EJ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got an early update from the South Carolina Taxidermy show. EJ mounted an AWESOME looking hog and got his first Blue Ribbon in the Professional Division. We are so proud of you EJ!!! You deserve it.

Melissa

8. elkevo

elkevo Tailgate Bucks

Re: CONGRATULATIONS EJ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Melissa; get some pictures up here for all to see. We like to see pictures. Thanks.

Steve

9. Tom Cruickshank

Tom Cruickshank The History Channel says I'm "creepy"!!

Way to go EJ. Congrats!

10. Re: CONGRATULATIONS EJ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UPDATE....

EJ hope I didn't jump the gun on annoucing this for you...I was SO excited about what you did and so proud of you.

EJ also won the WASCO award and some other awards.....he will have to tell you.

Congrats again!!

Melissa

11. bill@hogheaven

[email protected] New Member

Good for you EJ.

12. James Parrish

James Parrish Tundra Swan...Its What's For Dinner!

Way to go EJ!! I got my first blue last year and it felt great. Now, you have to follow up with another blue....talk about pressure! Congrats again.

13. Greg Waite

Greg Waite Active Member

Congrats EJ. I have pics that he sent to my phone but they aren't very good. He deserved it, he put alot of work into it.

14. Re: CONGRATULATIONS EJ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulation EJ . It is a very beautiful mount . I had fun Talking to you today .

Mike

15. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Mike, you actually TALKED to EJ today? I don't recall anyone ever getting that opportunity. When EJ's around all you can do is listen.

EJ,you were right old buddy. All that ass kissing really paid off for you. LMAO. Congratulations.

16. Re: CONGRATULATIONS EJ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EJ,

No kissing anything for you... you won it fair and square! Oh, by the way, 6 + for you buddy!!!!!!!!!!
    It was a great night...you, Bryan and all the NC boys did great in SC and Carolina won the b-ball game. Life doesn't get any better!!!!!

Melissa

17. EJ

Thanks everybody!

I don't care if George is from SC!...There is still a lot of good people there! ;D And everyone I met this weekend would fall in to that category! It was a Great time! I hope the whole association makes it to the NC Show this year! I got a big surprise when I asked Archie Phillips if he was a Obama supporter!...Who knew? I was just trying to make small talk.;D

Wow!... What a Rush. I'm still looking at the plagues thinking someone made a mistake! I was already stoked after winning my 1st Blue, But then to get
    Best of Category Gameheads (Pro Division)
    People's Choice Best Gamehead
    Judges Choice (Pro Division)
    WASCO Award- That one made my knees weak!

All I can say is that Rick Carter A-Z Boar DVD is Awesome! ;D A lot of Great Taxidermist have been answering A Lot of Stupid question from me on Boar mounting for the last 2 months and I would like to Thank all of you for your help! I've been involved in alot of different orgs. and hobbies in my lifetime but never one where people are as willing to jump in and help each other out! Once again, Thanks alot everybody!. You are an Awesome Group of people!
    Got 2 weeks to get ready for Virgina! ;D

[​IMG]

18. RoyalOaksRanch

RoyalOaksRanch Royal Oaks Taxidermy- When Quality Counts...

Grats EJ!!! I cant believe you arent grinning ear to ear iin your pic?? Id be smiling like crazy if I won all THAT!! Great Job!!

19. EJ

I was in Shock and Afraid someone would figure out they made a mistake and come and "Try" to take them back! ;D

20. FinFlight

FinFlight TRAIL CREEK

Congratulations EJ, your mount looks awesome!! Its easy to see why you won all those awards, good job!!