1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Michigan Taxidermist Association Convention 2008

Discussion in 'Convention Information' started by Ken Edwards, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Re: MTA members

Frank was fun, it was a good time for all of us.

2. nibjones

nibjones Join your States Taxidermy Assoc.

That is funny, Dennis.

3. EJ

EJ Proud Member of: Unaffiliated, Free Agent

Re: MTA What a show!

Hey T,
    What did the Beaver Score?...You did take something, didn't you?

4. *

* Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

You guys work with him for a day 8 to 10 hours
    He never shuts up, he's worse than my MOM.
    He WILL drive you nuts!
    You guys ever heard the term "Beam me up Scotty !"

5. Terry Vining

Terry Vining last photo together

Mi

My ribbon quest is now complete Paul. I finally got that elusive 3rd place ribbon. That deer also makes it 3 decades that I have competed. I need to go lay down now......and the replica is for sale. lol

6. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Ok,,,, no I didn't get anything to the show, yes it was my biggest sin of the year, I still had a good time with what friends I have on that side of the State, for the one day I was there.

Terry, selling the repo's now to pay for that Canidian critter you bought?

7. Terry Vining

Terry Vining last photo together

Mi

Yeh, and then some. And to top it off. Ken skips town without signing the base. I'll catch up with him next year. I did get six other World Champions to sign it. Maybe it will be a new auction item for next year?

8. bw

bw New Member

I wasn't anywhere near that show, but I do know Jody Green when I see him. But what many of you may not know.....The hair that you can see sticking out from under that hat, is about all the hair on that redneck head of his. I hope you enjoyed having him at your show. He and Deb sure are great assets to our IL state association

9. Re: MTA What a show!

Well I seen him take his hat off for a quick adjustment, but I did not notice. He took on a new style after being up here in the big city. Or maybe it was the influence of MR. Trashfish.

10. crankin

crankin New Member

WI

congrats Dennis, very nice!

11. Re: MTA What a show!

Yes, big congratulations to you Dennis on your accomplishments over the Last Two years, and Thank You for your kindnest and generosity in volunteering to mount a young man's elk in the next few weeks, for The Hunt of a Lifetime.

12. Re: MTA members

I can't imagine, he talks more than any woman i ever knew, He would drive me nuts, But he's a good guy

13. bw

bw New Member

I won't worry about his new style. You couldn't beat the country out of that man.

14. Wildside

Wildside Active Member

"Trashed Fish" sure was looking good.

15. nibjones

I noticed he was a talker, All he did was talk and eat. He seems to be a good guy though.

16. Jan

Jan New Member

LMAO...you mean Frank did not find all the little goodies that Mr. T put in his bag? We thought that he collected forks so Paul decided to give him a few more collectable items! It was so nice to put faces to the names..finally. What a fantastic convention. I learned more in the 5 days I was there then I have in 1 1/2 years of video training.

Jan

17. Re: MTA members

Jan it was nice to meet you, those seminars are great i've leaned alot over the years its a pitty more taxidermist don't come there are alot of people who could stand to learn something.

18. Jan

Jan New Member

Tazzy..it was nice meeting you and your wife also. I met so many people and they were all willing to answere any question I threw at them. I can't wait until next year for the carcass casting seminar that Jan Van Housen is going to put on. I keep thinking about Dennis's seminar and how I can do more than just the everyday mounts. I'm going to experiment with some critters I have in the freezer.

Jan

19. nibjones

Jan, it was nice meeting you to. Dennis also inspired me. I already have an idea brewing.

20. Jan

Jan New Member

Brian..it was nice meeting you and your wife. She's pretty funny!

Jan