1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Michigan Taxidermist Association Convention 2008

Discussion in 'Convention Information' started by Ken Edwards, Jan 15, 2008.

1. nibjones

nibjones Join your States Taxidermy Assoc.

Re: MTA members

Yes! she is. She has definitely been a joy to be around all these years.

2. Re: MTA What a show!

I didn't get to spend much time with everyone this year but I did make it to the second half of the seminar the Dennis put together and that is the coolest stuff I have ever seen. I lost sleep for two nights trying to think of what I could do with my newly gathered knowledge. On a much smaller scale of coarse, hopefully for the 2009 Competition ;D. It will be many years before I will have room to complete the master pieces that Dennis puts together. Absolutely incredible. Thanks Dennis!!

On a side note I wanted to say thanks to Joe for providing a great year of service as the VP. I'm am sorry to see you go.

3. Doylestudio

Doylestudio Active Member

Re: MTA What a show!

Thanks to everyone for making this years show another hit! I always enjoy catching up with old friends and making
    new ones too. Everyone's work is second to none and I love taking it all in once a year. Here are a couple pics of the pieces
    I took to the show here in the studio.

Mike

4. Doylestudio

Doylestudio Active Member

A couple deer shots too.

5. Capt1963

Capt1963 New Member

I also had a great time. I'm not a Taxidermist, but being around so many great people that are willing to teach you, makes me want to try. I would like to thank all the MTA members for making me fell very welcome, especially Joe,Don,John,and Mike for helping me set up my booth. The thing I like most is meeting new people like Rick Krane,[name withheld], and Charlie but it always good to see old friends like Ken Walker. Congratulations to all the winners especially Terry and Dennis. Can't wait to see all of you next year. I do have a problem. Do I bring my wife Jil or do I bring my business partner John next year? Well thanks again and god willing I will see all of you next.                                                                                        Best wishes, Harry from Outdoorsman Wood Products

6. Wildside

Wildside Active Member

Harry what ever you do, make sure you come back. Just try not to get your options mixed up and send John with Jil.

7. dsmithgall

dsmithgall New Member

It was a great show, and nice to meet some of you.. I know I met a ton of people from the taxi-net, but still can't match all the faces to the taxi-net names....A great show all around- looking forward to 2009

8. ElkinsTaxidermy

ElkinsTaxidermy www.ronelkinstaxidermy.com

Very nice Doyle!

9. PA and Michigan shows info

Is the list out yet of the major award winners in the two shows as of yet?

10. Wildside

Wildside Active Member

Next year we need a seminar for taxi.net users as a meet and greet.

11. nibjones

sounds good, Wildside. You talk a lot why don't you head it up.

12. Wildside

Wildside Active Member

I put together every seminar at the show this year. I guess it wasn't enough.

13. nibjones

All right you glory seeker, you did great! I didn't mean to make you feel bad.

14. Wildside

Wildside Active Member

Nope. I was in my glory just hanging out with all my buddies. And to think I will be with some of them in a little over a week to do it again.

Life is grand.

15. nibjones

Enjoy!

16. Wildside

Wildside Active Member

Columbus may never be the same.......especially if they have karaoke and Mustang Sally! Plus alot of alcohol.

17. Dawn

Dawn Proud Members of the Mich Taxidermist Assoc

Re: PA and Michigan shows info

Dear Wet - The Michigan List should be posted by the end of this weekend. I was sick during the show and I have been quite sick since I got home. Having to work every day at my job hasn't helped and I hope to be back to feeling much better by this weekend. I can't wait to post the results and more pictures as I am so very proud of our members and the great work they accomplish.

Most especially Terry - he sure made a lot of us proud! He did what hasn't been accomplished in 25 years of the MTA - Taking Best of Show with a fish. He deserved every moment of that night.

Dawn

18. Dawn

Dawn Proud Members of the Mich Taxidermist Assoc

I agree Chris - I too believe Joe did a hell of a job this year - and he may find this hard to believe - but I think he brings a lot to our association and I TOO was very sorry to see him leave.......

19. Re: PA and Michigan shows info

Super, great job!! Congrats are in order indeed!!!!!!!!!!!! Will check them out at end of week!!!

20. Capt1963

Capt1963 New Member

I can guarantee that will not happen Wildside. L.O.L. Harry