1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Nebraska State Taxidermists Association Convention 2008

Discussion in 'Convention Information' started by Ken Edwards, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

June 6th through June 8th, 2008
    The 24rd Annual <A HREF="http://www.nebraskastatetaxidermy.org/">Nebraska State Taxidermists Association</A> Convention & Competition
    Howard Johnson Riverside Inn, Grand Island, NE
    Contact <A HREF="mailto:eek:[email protected]">Mike or Sonja Pebeck</A> at (402) 463-0594, or <A HREF="http://www.nebraskastatetaxidermy.org/">visit the NSTA website</A>.

2. mike g

mike g Active Member

NEBRASKA ASSOCIATION MEMBERS

Saturday April 12th 2008 is our spring seminar and business meeting.

Seminar starts at 9:30am to 1:00pm and this year Mike Pebeck will be mounting a Kudu. Mike works on alot of African animals so join us to learn his knowlage and know how. Seminar is sponsored by Van Dykes!

Business meeting will follow the seminar, please plan to attend.

Location is at the Howard Johnson Riverside Inn 3333 Ramada Rd. Grand Island

3. WeaponX

WeaponX I'm an old dude

Re: NEBRASKA ASSOCIATION MEMBERS

Got my card yesterday, I'm the lone wolf way out west! But I plan on being there in June.

4. Turkey Creek

Turkey Creek Member

Sorry I'm not going to be at this one either! Unfortunately the meeting dates always fall on a day that I have unchangable plans, this time I will be in Lincoln for my daughter's state gymnastics meet.

Chris

5. osage

osage New Member

;) Thanks for the plug hope to see you all there

6. mike g

mike g Active Member

Just a reminder for the seminar, bring note books or cameras. Also if you need raffle tickets I will have Scott bring some for you. Just PM me on how many you want and I will have them there.

7. 1tigger

1tigger Active Member

Is this open only to members or is it open to the public .
    I know someone who may be interested but he's not a member .... yet .

8. WeaponX

WeaponX I'm an old dude

Membership is only $30, cheap at half price for the info, now having to pay $150 for the gas to drive there is another story !

9. mike g

mike g Active Member

Yea the gas cost is going to hurt BUT the education will take some of the sting out of it.

Seminar is open to current members only. Our seminars are a incentive to join our association, we try to have minimum 2-3 a year. The small membership fee gets you in my opinion 100X's worth in education.

10. 1tigger

1tigger Active Member

Where can I get the requirements to be able to do taxidermy in Nebraska ?
    I lived there my whole life until a few years back and I'm considering moving back and would like to be able to do some work .
    I cant seem to get any straight answers out of anyone in Lincoln .
    Thanks in advance for any help .

11. d ball

d ball New Member

Still very cheap at $30.00 for membership and however much you spend on gas to what you would pay to go to spend time at someones shop. Mike is a fine taxidermist and does lots of African pieces and for a beginner or someone thats been in the business for awhile im sure there is much to learn.

12. mike g

mike g Active Member

Bill S. In Nebraska to be a liscensed taxidermist all you need is to pay a $8.00 fee to the state. Pay the fee and BAM you can do taxidermy. Now in our good ole state of Nebraska we have man many rules as a taxidermist we must follow. The game and parks require you to know all the rules and regulations as a liscensed taxidermist but CAN NOT provide you any book to show you what they are.

13. 1tigger

1tigger Active Member

Thanks for the info , I'll contact the Game & Parks to see if I can get the scoop on the rules .

14. Xiahou

Xiahou Rocky 6/1/05 - 6/5/08

So whose going to be there?? Are your mounts done? I am a little nervous already.

15. WeaponX

WeaponX I'm an old dude

Riverdale, I still haven't decided, finishing a deer to take if I do and I might try a coyote, construction season has been slow starting, so not sure if the finances are in order. But I probably will decide this weekend to bite the bullet and see what its all about.

16. Xiahou

Well I got my info packet today. My daughters yearly dance recital is on Friday(June 6) but I will be there Saturday with my son and all 4 of us on Sunday. Looking forward to Mike Pebeck's seminar on deer basics. Also a Habitat one by Troy Hall.
    So to those who have been there how formal is the awards banquet?
    I am hoping my entry will be done. Besides the mount itself I am having all kinds of issues deciding on a base. 57 bucks for a room can't beat that.

17. mike g

mike g Active Member

The banquet is not all that formal, just be yourself.
    Make sure that Friday you get your mounts checked in by the deadline time.

18. Xiahou

Talked to Mike Pebeck and Saturday very early morning is ok to. I'd have to make an early morning seperate trip Friday otherwise with the dance recital. Heard a rumor that the Grand Island Gun show is going on the same weekend. If so they should have partnered up somehow on advertising. Kind of go hand in hand. Be nice to put some faces and voices to names on here. I really wish I could be there Friday for the free BBQ at the lake behind the hotel. Thats sounds like an absolute blast.

19. mike g

mike g Active Member

Thats cool that Mike did that for you, I hope he realizes that it should be done for everyone in the future. We have alot of guys that can't make it by the deadline on friday so they don't go to the show. We really need a Saturday registration time, all it would take is to have one hour. I know it makes more work for the secratary and the judges but if we do it for one we need to let everyone have the same chance to attened.

20. WeaponX

WeaponX I'm an old dude

I have not received anything yet what time do things have to be checked in? I'm working in Ogallala so I will be leaving from there.