1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

New England Association of Taxidermists 2008 Show

Discussion in 'Convention Information' started by Ken Edwards, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

June 6th through June 8th, 2008
    The New England Association of Taxidermists Annual Show
    Courtyard by Marriott, Cromwell, CT
    Contact <A HREF="mailto:[email protected]">Judy Bragg</A> at (802) 388-4264 or <A HREF="http://newenglandtaxidermists.com/">visit the NEAT Website</A>.

2. after the shot

after the shot N.E.A.T. Board Member

We are hoping to have an even better show this year. I hope that all of the great people that attended last year will be back and extend the invite to all the NEWBIES in New England and the surrounding states.

3. New England Covention

All I can say is WOW!!!!!!!

This show is shaping up to be a GREAT ONE.

The NEAT is a GROWING Association with Many New members every year!

The NEAT is a Friendly family run Association and we strive for the Advancement of Quality taxidermy.

So if you are close to us Come on down and See what the NEAT is all about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We will have FREE coffee and Muffins Fri and Sat Morning.

Don't Miss our Friday night party with FREE food and Drinks.

Thats all on top of our line up of OUTSTANDING seminars and Knowledgeable Judges

Heres the line up and Hotel info

Call me if you have any questions About the show.(860)267-4155

We start setting up tomorrow

I look forward to seeing you there.

CONVENTION SCHEDULE
    New England Association of Taxidermists
    2008 Convention and Competition
    June 6, 7 and 8, 2008
    Courtyard by Marriott Hotel
    Cromwell, Ct
    860-635-1001
    Thursday, June 5
    TBA Set up competition and supply areas.
    Friday, June 6
    8am-6pm: Registration and competition pieces received (no mounts after 6:00pm). See Pete Lajoie in supplier room
    for On-going “You be the Judge!” Whitetail Seminar. Start judging Pete Lajoie's whitetails (all day).
    9:00am-11:00am Seminar #1: Matt Marulli; Mounting a ½ size black bear.
    10:00am-5:00pm: Supply area open.
    12:00pm-2:00pm Seminar #2: Ed Kunelius; Mounting a pheasant.
    2:00-4:00 Seminar #3: Mark Vitch; Mounting a trout.
    4:00-6:00 Seminar #4: Bruce Rittel; Skinning and tanning an Alligator at his supplier booth, Mounting alligator at the
    seminar.
    6:30pm-7:00pm: Welcome Meeting.
    7:00pm: Judging begins. Competition room will be closed!!
    7:00pm-? Seminar #5: Pete Lajoie; Review taxidermists judging critique done during the day.
    8:00pm-?: Hospitality Room—Networking with fellow taxidermists. Have a snack or a drink, ask questions, have a
    good time! Bring items to swap or sell!
    Saturday, June 7
    8:30am-9:00am: Competition area open for viewing and voting for McKenzie Taxidermists Award (4); People's
    Choice Award; and Old Timers Award.
    8:30am-3:30pm: Supply area open.
    9:00-11:00 Seminar #4: James Willard-Judge; Mounting a Whitetail Deer—form selection, Anatomy, techniques used
    for competition and Finishing tips. Will go over score sheets and what judges look for in competitions.
    11:00am-6:00pm: Viewing ribbons and critiques.
    1:00pm-3:00pm Seminar #5: Jean Roll-Judge; Hide prepping and form fitting for quality mammal taxidermy.
    3:00pm-5:00pm Seminar #6: Mike Briganti-Judge; Mounting sheep.
    3:30pm-5:00pm: Supply area and banquet area break down.
    6:00pm-7:00pm: Cocktail Hour-cash bar.
    7:00pm-?: Banquet and Awards Ceremony. Auction

4. Re: New England Covention

I can't wait! Looking forward to this weekend. ;)

5. Fred Barilla

Fred Barilla Member

Re: New England Covention

Ditto Todd,

We're about to "lower the landing gear" on yet another fantastic NEAT Convention this weekend. On behalf of the President, I would just like to take this opportunity to extend many thanks to the entire NEAT Board of Directors for all of their dedicated hard work this year. These people work tirelessly and diligently, all for the benefit and enjoyment of others. Having been a part of it first hand, I find it necessary to commend them for all the long hours and sacrifice in their volunteer efforts. We feel that our preparation will yeild the most quality show the NEAT membership have experienced to date this weekend!

Looking forward to meeting up with old freinds and the many new faces that have joined the NEAT family this year.

Sincerely,
    Fred Barilla
    Vice President

6. Ray Vosseller

Ray Vosseller New Member

Hi Steve and Fred I will see you this weekend looks like it is going to be a great convention with a lot of good information

7. John Janelli

John Janelli New Member

N.J.

Steve, Fred, Scott, Ryan, Michael, Mike, Judy, Butch and about 20 other people who's names I may not be familiar with, but whom I'll never forget either for being as cordial and professional to me and everyone else who was at the N.E.A.T. show and competition this past weekend. All of you truly are a class act. Thank you one and all from the bottom of my heart. J J

8. Wayne R

Wayne R NRA and B&C Life Member

John it was great to have you there! The show was tremendous. I don't see how Steve, Fred and BOD could do any better. The judges, seminars, the quality of work, and all that attended were better than great.

9. ryan rhodes

ryan rhodes Active Member

John, i enjoyed meeting you and all the new faces. It was a great show and the judges were tremendous. Thanks to jean roll, james willard, and mike briganti. Their knowledge of the art is profound. Thanks to all who came and makes our show the best show in the COUNTRY!!!

10. Fred Barilla

Fred Barilla Member

This show was indeed one to remember. I knew the main theme of the NEAT 2008 Convention would be "QUALITY." Thank you to all who attended and for all of your kind words and encouragement.

A job well done by our 2008 Judges and Seminarians. The knowledge and education that you all provided this weekend was nothing less of ASTOUNDING! Thank you!

It is always an honor to meet up with old friends and new ones who have joined our family. I hope everyone came away from the show with more than they expected, and I hope to see you all again in 2009.

We will have a separate post shortly with highlights of the convention.

Sincerely,
    Fred Barilla
    Vice President

11. Andy M

Andy M Member

Yes Yes!

It was another great time as ALWAYS! I had a great time, the seminars were great! As at every show, I learned a few new tips. I look forward to being there again next year.

Thanks again to everyone for another great show.

Thanks!

Andy

12. Andy M

Andy M Member

NEAT Convention photos

Hello there!

Here are some of the fine pieces of taxidermy that was at the NEAT Convention this past week end. Enjoy!

Regards,

Andy

13. Andy M

Andy M Member

Re: NEAT Convention photos

A few more.

14. Andy M

Andy M Member

More.

15. Andy M

Andy M Member

More still.

16. Andy M

Andy M Member

Last two.

17. Andy M

Andy M Member

Find a few more!

18. Re: NEAT Convention photos

some beautiful work shown there congrats to all who attended... love the last pic of the up and comers in the biz...

19. Re: NEAT Convention photos

Dear Andy thanks for putting on my picture with Jack

Emily Hackett

20. GBRUCH

GBRUCH "I am nothing without christ".....John 15:5

Great work everyone. I was hoping to get to visit but it seems every year I am judging somewhere during the NEAT dates. There is always next year.