1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

New fleshing tool

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by whitemulley, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Has anybody heard or tried the Bettcher Wizzard fleashing machine, if so what companies are selling em.

2. Thanks i'll do a search.

3. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

The Whizard Trimmer is marketed direct from Bettcher Industries...1-800-321-8763

http://www.bettcher.com/Whats%20New.htm

4. Rush

Rush New Member

The round knife is alot faster. Seen a demo. the other day and wasnt really impressed. Im sure it works if you only did a few hides a year, but it would take a few years to pay for it, and then again the round knife is alot faster.

5. This thing dos'nt thin the hide so why spend 1700$ on something a knife and fleshing beam will do? a fleshing machine is worth its price. i cant live with out mine.

6. phillipz

phillipz New Member

i have the wizzard. it is a great machine, bought it over a fleshing wheel. tazzy u should see this thing flesh a big boar cape in less than an hour. have nothing bad to say about it.

7. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

Same here phillipz. The only bad thing about a Whizard is the cost...but guess what...every part of that fine machine is made in the USA! There is a learning curve with the Whizard. The machine is designed to work with wet material. If you toss a bloody ole deer cape in the washing machine, then take it to a shaving beam, you can shave as thin as you wish. It is not as fast as a rotary knife...I know, because I own one of them too. But, the machine is much easier on my shoulders and back, since I am manipulating the cutterhead, rather then manipulating a heavy cape. There is scheduled cleaning and maintenance, the area representative will go over this with you after purchase. He drove from Tallahassee, FL to get to me. Heck, I would justify it just for the 5 or 6 hogs I do annually, not to mention detail shaving on the facial area of deer.

8. russch

russch New Member

The Whizzard knife may be new to the Taxidermy Industry, but it has been present in the Meat Industry for years. I used one of these 25 years ago when I worked as a meat cutter during college. They are used for close boning the bones of meat animals. Parts availability and product durability will not be an issue.