1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

NC laws...

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by John L, Jan 21, 2008.

1. John L

John L Active Member

If somebody kills a bobcat, coyote, etc... and wants to gift it to the taxidermist. Other than listing the person's name, address, kill date, species, sex, where taken and asking if it was killed legally what is the taxidermist's responisbility.

What would be required as far as tags etc...

John

2. I cant help yea, But Warden came to ur school to go over NC Taxidermy laws and he didnt say anything about Giften. But he did say starting 2009 a kill number will be required for all Game a taxidermist took in.

3. EJ

EJ Proud Member of: Unaffiliated, Free Agent

John you pretty much covered it. Just keep up with who and where you got it and list it with your personal stuff.

4. wvboy

wvboy USMC Retired 28 years

Casey,do you go to MMCC? Billy Adams class?

5. Yea

6. wvboy

I went there a few years ago, know Billy well.

7. I only know him from Class, Seems like a good guy. Im just starting the program, sure do learn alot, and fast!

8. wvboy

Billy is a good guy, he should teach you a lot. He graduated the class before me when David was the teacher.Billy took over when David retired. Good school I enjoyed it very much.

9. Yea its a bit much right now. Im in his class Monday-Wenesday from 8am-4:20pm and then Im also working on my Associates of art in Business. 2 Degress at once wasnt such a smart Idea LOL

10. Casey are you saying all game will have to have a "kill" number? Humm , this could be interesting. What about small game and fish? They gonna start making kill numbers for them? Or possible use the license number?

11. No Bandit, Its only Big Game