1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Drake Ringneck

Discussion in 'Bird Reference Photos' started by 2wbdft, Jan 22, 2008.

1. 2wbdft

2wbdft Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. tara4574

tara4574 TM

pretty little things aren't they. thanks for posting the pics!
    tara

3. 2wbdft

2wbdft Member

+1

...only the second one i ever killed :)

4. tara4574

tara4574 TM

Yea, my husband shot his first in over 20 years of hunting this year. But if he'd have been on my side, I would have shot him! ::)

5. 2wbdft

2wbdft Member

what...no elbow bump at the shot??

funny thing about this season and these particular birds...my son (12) and his grandfather were out together and had a large flock of mostly drakes come screaming by the decoys but grandpa forced grandson not to shoot because he wasnt sure what they were...a good suggestion....had my son not been able to identify them 100% as Ringers!!

...ohhhh boy....was my son upset with his grandpop! LOL

6. tara4574

tara4574 TM

I thought about it.... LOL! I also thought about shooting it before I told my husband there was a ringer coming in on his side...

Hopefully they'll be back next year so you son can get another shot at one...no pun intended!

There has been a lot around here too, that and wigeon! It got to the point the boys would say "na, just a wigeon" Weird how you can see so much of something one year and then nothing for a long time. We haven't seen any blue bills around here for a long time, but my hubby remembers when they were like mallards, and that's all you saw for a couple of seasons!