1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Week in Fish Pictures~ Year 2# Week#17

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

The Week in Fish Pictures~ Year 2# Week#17

Big Hello from Hinsdale New Hampshire! WOW what a great week we all shared in this past week in fish pictures! Over 3000 views this past week now that is nothing short of increadable!!!! I just looked at the date this week and here it is 17 weeks in to the second year of this great string started by a great family of taxidermist Mr Greg and Aaron Stehling of WI. Speaking of great I hope you all had a great week my friends and family of Fishheads!!! Lets start off with some Big time thanks to our great contributors this past week!

Great work last week by Josh, UFD Brother Dave, Doug, Pete ,Fish Whisper, Denny, Paul S, Mountain Ed, Jerry, Terry, Ccook63, John C, Randy K, Nate, Pete H, Gus, Puzzledprofessor, Don P, Rich H, and Gary !!! Super work and Big thanks for sharing and aspiring all of us!

From beginner's to the best in the world we all join in every week in a critique free and hassle free string with nothing more then great artist and inspiring fish taxidermist and carves get together to share with one another their praise and inspiration of good will and friendship to one another.
    So with out further ado lets get week #17 under way.

I want to start the week with a good friend and contributor to the fish section. 2006 family member to Anglers Artistry Mr. Travis Peterson of Ketchikan Alaska! Travis is quite a motivated gentleman and has lots of time he spends with some really cool fish in Alaska! Travis works at a awesome hatchery in Alaska and when he is not studying ( I mean Working) Travis is fishing and doing taxidermy! This week Travis was so kind as to share with us some of his recent work! Travis has made a mold and cast of a Small Jack Coho Salmon. To add artistic flair Travis also made a mold of his hand and created a cold cast to add a look of artist viewing pleasure! Super work Travis!
    So here we go and here is to a great week in fish pictures!!!! #17! Enjoy!

My Best!
    Your friend
    Rick Krane

Here is an outside picture of a winter morning in Ketchikan Alaska!
    Here is another great picture of the Jack Coho!
    Here is a nice inside shot of this work of art!
  2. crankin

crankin New Member

that is a beautiful piece of art Travis!!

3. bwabutto

bwabutto New Member

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy cccccccccooooooooooolllllllllllllllll !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so neat to have a master brother like RICK KRANE to talk you under his wing!!!!!!!!!!!!!newbies should be so lucky. Can't wait for a couple of days of TWIF. Go for it FISHEADS!!!!!! WAY COOL!!!!!!!
  4. bwabutto

bwabutto New Member

what do you think fisheads?
  5. Thats a gnarly looking Tigerfish!
    ;D Cool

That Coho is Great!!
  6. bwabutto

bwabutto New Member

WOW!!!!! thanks JK. My first entry. Glad you liked it. Smoke dried and hand painted eye!!!!!! way cool to catch and eat. I am going to do a Giant River Catfiish head next with hand painted eye. They get two 200lbs. No head molding on those guys. Slow cold smoke with bwatabee paste. I hope to learn alot from hear!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. Giant River Catfiish, Geez! Spooky! Where are you located, out of curiosity.
    I just cant get over the Teeth on that fish! that would do some damage.
  8. bwabutto

bwabutto New Member

Oh JK. Nigeria, via NYC right now. LOL. Left because of all the scammers!!!!!!!!! not way cool!!!!!! I love fish and want to be a talented artist in fish. Thank you
  9. Oh Very Cool!
    I had the opportunity to teach sculpture and Western foundry techniques at a university in Benin City and also in Asaba (I think I spelled it right) :)
    I was all set to go but had to cancel the trip last minute :( Still regret it but I had no choice. It would have been a full year there.
    I hear it is a beautiful country.

Well Welcome aboard and by all means post your work. Hey if you get a chance post some pictures of some of the fish you catch! Id love to save the pictures for my referance collection.

10. Travis, Looks great! Excellent use of color!
    bwabutto, That thing is very cool! Looking forward to more.
  11. bwabutto

bwabutto New Member

my next project. I just need a good teacher!!!!!!!!!!!!
  12. dbess

dbess New Member

Outstanding Jack Coho!!! Beauty at its best!......and the Tiger fish....WOW!! massive teeth!!!!
  13. dougp

dougp New Member

Travis , I really like that coho piece. I should try one like that for the "musky guys"! LOL!

bwabutto...Nigeria, wow!Very cool, welcome aboard.

Here's a 40# striped bass I did a few years back. Cast head, skin mount.
  14. Boy thats a nice striper.
  15. dougp

dougp New Member

Thanks HOLMES!
    Just for grins, here's a striper I did back in 1977. Nice eye, eh?
    I can't believe it's been over 30 yrs.! Sheeesh!
  16. Well Doug you just made me feel a little better. I had this one but I sure wasnt going to follow your other one. I would guess this is probably my 10th one Ive mounted and I think some of the others were better.
  17. A- Fish

A- Fish Stehling's Taxidermy

Nice stripers guys.

Heres a 50"/ 60 lb cape cod stirper skin mount. Custom carved body. Replica head. For a retail client in NY

18. dougp

dougp New Member

Cool HOLMES! Those things are a real pain to mount!
    Aaron, very nice! You're not too far from me. I sure would like to visit someday. Would that be an intrusion? Seems like you have quite an operation.
  19. Perca

Perca Active Member

Aaron, I have yet to see a fish you've posted that wasn't a whole lot better than "nice." It's my understanding that you do a lot of wholesale business? If there is a wholesale fish service out there that does better fish than you, I haven't seen it. WOW! DougP, would you please post a smallmouth bass sometime? I still have room on my screensaver slideshow for more of your excellent mounts. ;D ;D
  20. [​IMG]
    This walleye is circa 1996