1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Week in Fish Pictures~ Year 2# Week#17

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Here is a perch that I have been working on for a friend he does not know that I am going to give it to him. The fish is finished but the scenery is not it will be an ice fishing seen similar to the posted a while back by Cecil I think if I am wrong I apologize. I will post a picture when the whole thing is done. It is cool to see the old school stuff and see how far fish taxidermy has come. Have a nice day Curtis

2. HOLMES

HOLMES Active Member

Ive got 3 more to paint next week Doug and Im going to try some differnt things with them. I sure like that one of yours also Aaron. Real nice.

3. Pescado

Pescado Biggest in 2011

The "hog" is progressing slowly. Too many convalescents to take care of here. Hope to be able to post the finished product next week. This is my first attempt at doing a steelhead replica. The replica is from the "trashfish" collection and is 46".

PB

4. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

Aaron - I thought you guys weren't suppose to use electricity??? LOL!

Nice stuff this week folks. No contributions from me in the taxidermy arena, but if you want me to post a pic of a lovely Piping CAD Drawing, I can do that - lol!

5. dbess

dbess New Member

Outstanding work guys!!! Keep them comin'

6. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

Pescado, Man, that is going to be an amazing looking steelhead!!! I love it!! I want to do another big one sometime soon as well. If mine turns out half as good as yours, Ill be amazed.

TRAVIS!!!!! Man, you always impress me! Wish Alaska wasn't so far away, I would come visit you in person! You do amazing stuff. And the hand is killer as well!!!

Nothing much for me to post this week. I have a 'oldschool' arp repro bass that Im in the process of doing up now. Heres a head shot, after starting the "antiquing process". Great start to a great week!

7. BIGUN

BIGUN Member

Travis: beautifull CC bronze coho jack- great idea and beautiful finish!
    bwabutto: welcome, brother! That tiger firghtens me! Nice work and can't wait to see that Nile Perch or whatever the other cool fish is!
    dougP: Amazing striper! What's scary is even that one from 30 years ago is off the hook! Loose the owl eyes and that thing is on parr with anybody's work of today- he he
    Holmes: Both your fish are very soft and natural looking- no exhaggerated colors- very nice!
    Aaron: Another beautiful Striper you guys have done and very realistic colors! All the stripers this week make me sad because I have never got to mold one and had two beauties in my freezer for over ten years. I just had to get rid of them because I shot an elk- he he
    John C: Very natural looking fish! The trout looks like a photo of alive trout! (it's not , is it?? he he)
    ccrook63: I love perch! You nailed this one- it looks alive!
    Pescado: One of the best steelhead I have seen and I have seen a few. Tip for ya: add fins- he he. Very, VERY nice steelhead.

8. Brian W

Brian W Active Member

Really nice start to my Friday. Love to observe the talent we have. Working on a Walleye but just wanted to comment on some outstanding fish. Doug knocked the cover off again, along with Aaron and Paul (beautiful steehead). Great work to everyone else, especially you HOLMES..........that repair job on that bass should get you (or the mount) back in the house. Just kiddin, but you knew I was going there. NICE work on both.

9. Thanks,No Bigun its a customers trout. I have another almost like it for the showroom.

Yep PBs steelhead is one the way to being one of the best I have ever seen.

My slow dialup took almost 10 minutes to load that trout pic. Someday in month or so I hope to have DSL. I Have a few pretty fair birds to post too.

10. HOLMES

HOLMES Active Member

Your going to keep picking until I fix that thing. Your worse than my wife. ::) ;D

I took the striper outside and took another pic. I think it looks alot different. I couldnt take a good pic if I had to.

11. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

John, don't you dare post those "lowly" birds in OUR Fish section - lol!

Paul, I'm working on a Steelhead replica myself in-between drawings. Mine is a chromer with very little noticeable color in it without looking very, very close. I should have it done for next weeks pics. Hopefully, it comes out half as good as yours!

Holmes, you need to hang that Striper higher or the dog is going to get it - lol!

12. Brian W

Brian W Active Member

Holmes,
    Hey, you posted it ;D and besides, your wife commissioned me to ride your Arse until the memories can be resurrected and Grandpa can rest in peace. I have faith in ya.

13. Terry

Terry De-lighted to be living in Alaska!

Wow.... some terrific stripers this week! It does seem like from time to time there's a fairly strong theme... Aaron- love that big Cape Cod striper you shared. And HOLMES... yours look nice and it looks like you get to practice them a fair amount also. lol

Travis- awesome artistry with your mount... that's one of the most inspirational parts of this thread: not only seeing great fish by others, but seeing creativity unleashed in the delivery of some of those mounts.

dougp... a very nice striper as well (the first one, though I am not knocking the second one). I don't have a striper to share (though I have done a few) but I do have a striper story. Back when I first started I did a striper that I entered in a state competition (the names and places have been omitted to protect the guilty). It was like my fourth or fifth fish ever (counting the bluegill I used paper mache on and the bass with fins backed with a ziploc baggie). Anyway, for whatever reason I actually thought enough of it (dumb! dumb! dumb!) to enter it in the professional division. Ron Kelly was the judge and his first words were "It would take an awfully lot of hard work just to get that to begin to look like a striped bass" And you know? Not only was he correct but I think he was kind in his assessment. Fortunately no photos exist of that mount. My own striper experiences (they improved after that... they would have to) have given me a very deep appreciation for the talent you guys have that share your striper mounts.

This is that fresh run sockeye... all finished except for the final payment. I should have a spawning sockeye mount finished later today. I'll post photos of that when it's done.

14. Travis thats one hell of a jack coho. You do excellent work man. I really like to see the different cold water fish you guys show. Being a North Carolina flat lander ,as Rick calls me, so I don't get to see a great deal of cold water fish. I'm gonna have to do me an Anglers Artistry signiture hand myself. Doug nice striper the green really makes em shine. Nice work this week everbody

15. Terry

Terry De-lighted to be living in Alaska!

Travis Jones- The grass is always greener right? LOL :D I miss doing warmwater fish, especially now that I have a clue about doing fish. I get my fix from that watching what you guys down there post.

16. Terry! That sockeye is Beautiful!
    WOW cool.
    I saved the pictures for my Inspirational folder!
    I have a Silver Coho coming up soon. you got me fired up to work on it!

17. Brian W

Brian W Active Member

Terry, I agree with Josh. Stunning!!!!! That "color wheel" is really paying off big!!!

18. sparkyf

sparkyf New Member

Unbelievabe fish everyone! My computer will crash someday from all the fish I save off this section! ;D

19. den007

den007 Active Member

Here is a musky I worked on this week.....and can anyone identify this species of fish from its eye.....which fell out of a fish I was skinning.LOL

20. BDrake

BDrake Active Member

Lots of really nice mounts