1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Week in Fish Pictures~ Year 2# Week#17

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Slick

Slick Something smells fishy?

Great fish everyone, this week so far. I will have a few more walleyes to post in the weeks to come.

2. Guys , some smokin fish work so far this week !!! The stripers are awesome !!! Pescado , love that steelhead man. Den , sharp muskie, too.
    Terry, sweeeet sockeye !!!! Good stuff and very inspirational .

3. Well here it is I just finished putting my first ice scene together and could not wait to post the pictures as promised. All it has to do now is dry over night and then I can put some evirotex light in the hole for water. Thank's to everybody that takes a look and a special thank's to the person who posted how. If your not having fun doing taxidermy you need a different hobby. I love this stuff!!! Have a good night, Curtis

4. A- Fish

A- Fish Stehling's Taxidermy

No intrusion...your welcome to stop by anytime Doug. Just shoot me an email when you want to drop in. We'll give you the famous shop tour...

Thank you Doug ( Perca) .. some awfully kind words. We specialize in wholesale fish. I firmly believe wholesale fish should be the same quality as retail fish.

Terry you really out did yourself with that one -WOW !!!

ccook63 nice ice scene. Looks like alot of hard work :)

Dennis- Killer muskey my friend ! Very very nice !

Here is an expanded version of my avatar. Burbot repro for Depauw University in Indiana. I had a lot of fun with this one.

[​IMG]

5. Thanks for the nice comments on the coho jack!!!!!!! I got the hand idea from Rick, when I took his awesome class.
    I had fun trying the molding and casting with the coho. I have a long ways to go, but learned a lot trying.
    WOW! So many awesome looking fish, so far this week!!!!!!!!!! Terry, that Sockeye is to cool! I look forward to seeing your spawning one.
    Thank you everyone who post their work. You are all a great inspiration!!!!!!!!!

6. Your right about the greener grass Terry. I really enjoy warmwater fish without a doubt and I get a rainbow every once in a blue moon but something different never hurts huh?

7. M.T.

M.T. Active Member

here is a little sunfish 13 year old Cameron did. He also does his own habitat.[​IMG]

8. M.T.

M.T. Active Member

here is my latest one day wonder. Both these fish went from freezer to the wall in 13 hours that day, competition by no means, just nice commercial work[​IMG]

9. crankin

crankin New Member

WI
    Doug let me know when you are going to visit Aaron, so i can come pick your brain also! That Burbot is cool!

Dennis VERY nice looking muskie, im going to have to come visit you also and pick your brain...

10. den007

den007 Active Member

Musky.....closeup!

11. bwabutto

bwabutto New Member

WOW!!!!!!is all I can say. I am humbled by the work I see here. The traditional ways I learned are all wrong I can see. I need to go to a school and learn the USofA way. My native fish is terrible from all the rest here. Even thought I don't no hardly any of the species. Thank you BwaButto

12. fishytaxgirl

fishytaxgirl New Member

hello! what a neat place to find! unreal! my boyfriend had this Rockfish mounted for me for Christmas. I caught it in Indian River, Del. My biggest fish ever! I love fishing and hope to catch plenty of more big fish. I can see I will like reading here. I just wanted to say hello. fishy

13. Heres's my 11" bluegill I had done by old math teacher who is now retired and has been doing taxidermy for around 25 yrs. or so.
    [​IMG]

14. fishmounter

fishmounter New Member

Hey Fishytaxgirl, NICE Striped Bass! Way to go! Nice mount job too! Can you tell us who did the work?

15. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

Agreed, very, very clean mount. I love those fish. Hope to catch one someday for my own wall!!!

16. Terry

Terry De-lighted to be living in Alaska!

Wow, there's some cool stripers on here this week! And Dennis... super muskie!

Here's the spawning sockeye (blank by Fisherman's Tale) I mentioned earlier in the week, also now finished except for pick-up by the client.

Thanks for the fabulous inspiration everyone. Have a super weekend.

17. Terry cool sockeye. I've always loved those fish. They are very bizarre but beautiful fish. Once again another on of those awesome coldwater fish I never get to see. Keep em coming. Great work everyone.

18. fishytaxgirl

fishytaxgirl New Member

good morning everyone! thanks for the comments on my Rockfish I caught! boy this is a wonderful place glad I found it. Fishmounter, I don't know who mounted it but I will ask my boyfriend. My boyfriend gets alot of stuff mounted, and I know the guy he took it to mounts alot of Rockfish. I have the picture on my desk at work of it hanging the day he picked it up. I just love looking at all the pictures. I can't wait to get my next fish mounted. fishy

19. Terry,
    Super job on the Sockeye !
    Dave at fisherman's tale does an excellent job of molding fish...way to go !

20. Terry, your Sockeye is SWEET!!! Nice job! I am sure your customer will be very excited!