1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Week in Fish Pictures~ Year 2# Week#17

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Jan 25, 2008.

1. bwabutto

bwabutto New Member

I am so humbled by what I see here. I need to go to the Krane school soon. Wonderful work by everyone!. I hope to have more Nigerian fish to shop when I return from Abuja. Thank you my friends. BwaButto

2. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

DanB...............................................................enough said!

3. UFD

UFD New Member

These last two weeks are just outstanding!

Travis, congratulations on a beautiful piece of fish art!

Bwabutto, I’m envious that you have access to some of the coolest fish on the planet, and can’t wait to see your future projects.

All of those stripers are fantastic - I’ve never done one, but someday I hope I get the chance to do one of those big buggers.

Paul, excellent progress on the Steelhead, it’s shaping up to a very beautiful coloration.

Terry, very nice examples of the contrasts of color schemes in Sockeye.

Dan B, that Brown Trout carving is truly exceptional! Thanks for the photo essay; it really puts things into perspective.

Here is a Tiger Musky, not a real big one (about 38”), but it was a nice change of pace from the Chinooks and Steelhead. It is a skin mount with the real fins but the head is a cast…

4. UFD

UFD New Member

Here's a little closer picture of it with a different camera setting and less light....

5. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

Dave, nothing short of your usuall!! Very nice. The plug is a nice addition to it as well!!! There are a few of those Tigers around here, and as soon as the quarry opens up, Im on them!!! LOL

6. Taxi-lover

Taxi-lover Active Member

Wow Dan!!! Incredible pictures and what a TROUT!!!! Thanks for that carving series,really an awesome job you did!!!

7. Nice Musky!! I love it when they have the "Roman Nose" Beautiful!

8. sparkyf

sparkyf New Member

Dan the man.....I've caught several brownies that didnt look half as real as that one!!! Beautiful! If I only had a smidge of the artistic ability you have .......

9. Brian W

Brian W Active Member

Week 17 will go down as one of the best. Wow.

Dan,
    Thanks for posting that series. I was mentally going "Nice", with each picture I looked at and then I hit the picture after the antiquing. Jaw drop. I don't think I've seen a better one using those steps. Aweome.

Fishytaxgirl,
    Welcome to the site. Thanks for the posts. You're boyfriend looks pretty happy in that picture.

Marty,
    Ok, you're stuff is far from junk (get posting) but you ARE full of it. lol. ;D

10. Bill4bass

Bill4bass New Member

This was completed approximately 20 years ago. I cleaned it up and touched it up somewhat. I am working on a Gary Bruch Smallmouth and Jknuth Bluegill. They will be my first Reproductions.

[​IMG]

11. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

Dave great talking with you today while I was in Boston! We will have to finish that conversation! LOL!
    On a serious note! Sweeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttt Muskie!!!!!!! MBFAM
    Bill!!!! Great work on the perch!!! I can't wait to see the reproductions completed! great work!

Carry on with the great week!
    My Best!
    Rick Krane

12. Looks Good Bill. I have pulled a Few older fish off the wall myself for a rebuild and repaint.
    My techniques have changed so much that I couldn't bare to look at the older ones anymore.

Looking forward to seeing the Blanks done.

13. dougp

dougp Active Member

Here's the replica "Best in World" Peacock bass with pirhana's by Ron Kelly. Pic taken at the World Show in the early '90's [?]. The pic really doesn't do the piece justice.

Ron, these were the only two pics I've found. I will e-mail a hi-res copy to you. If you want me to burn a cd, let me know.

DougP

14. dougp

dougp Active Member

One more........I thought it was a beautiful piece.

15. Man you guys are a tuff bunch. I post my first "The week in fish" and y'all zap the whole thing post picture and all. All I wanted to do was fit in with you fish heads and maybe get a little feedback. I have had current event stuff zapped but never a picture post must have really sucked. lol

16. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Perhaps the moderators were so busy zapping your CE posts they accidentally zapped your fish post too. Don't let them get you down, post it again.

17. Ron Kelly

Ron Kelly Active Member

Thanks Doug for the kind words and poasting the picture. I am amazed at how much GREAT fish work there is out there these days. Great Pics this week. I still do over 200 Peacocks a year and enjoy all the different colorations. I molded the "World Record" and will try to get a picture on here soon. My son, Josh, is an up and coming Fishhead. I am trying to get him to post a few pics as well. He has his own shop and stays pretty busy with just fish. Does some work for Bass Pro and Cabelas. I think he is going to be one of the Best in a few years. He is 23 now and has made a full-time living with fish since High School. I am proud of him. Thanks again and Great work everyone. Ron

18. den007

den007 Active Member

Hey Ron! I remember your replicas as some of the best ever! God I hated it when that fire happened. How about doing the fish world a huge favor and molding some more replicas for sale to taxidermists???? We need you!

PS....I still have one of your paddlefish I never got a chance to paint!