1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Which Bird Fleshing wheel to buy?

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by mndemohead, Jan 26, 2008.

1. mndemohead

mndemohead New Member

I need to order a new wheel for doing birds, but Im not sure which one to buy. I have used the New Angle, its seems to work o.k., but others have told me to buy something with a box around it. I know I could make my own, but dont really have the time, I just want to order something thats gonna work. Im just curious what most of you guys that have been doing this for a long time use.

2. full fan

full fan New Member

I have a home made one that has a box 4ft. long & 2 ft deep &18inch tall work good on anything from ducks up to turkeys.

3. Limbhanger66

Limbhanger66 Member

WASCO Supply sells the "Soft Touch" bird flesher for 249.00. It is enclosed with plywood.

4. daniel

daniel New Member

pick supplies on the top right hand of this page then under miscellaneous you will see bird fleshers AUTHENTIC TAXIDERMY SUPPLIES do a nice one hope this helps the best DANIEL ;)

5. nate

nate Active Member

i like the one that Van Dykes sells. its got the clear shield and its easy to clean up!

6. i offer one that i make , if interested let me know i will send you some pics

7. TOC

TOC New Member

I also made my own which is 48 inches wide, 12 inches deep, and 18 tall. I bought the VanDykes one but just installed the motor into my custom box. It is made of plywood with the surface that kitchen counters are made of so clean up is real easy, and I put a piece of plexiglass over the top with a 4 foot flourescent light above it. It is white in color, looks real nice and is easy to see what needs cleaning (and when you are done). Bigger is better, you can always do small birds in a large flesher, but big birds are hard to do in a small one.