1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

UNOFFICIAL REPLICA CATALOG THREAD!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by BIGUN, Jan 29, 2008.

1. BIGUN

BIGUN Member

OK, let's get enough pics on here to have the moderators want to make it the "Official" thread, or make it a STICKY. I'll start. These are bonefish from New Wave taxidermy 772-283-7270. Very, very nice blanks to work with- they are made of hard resin so you can thin the fins down as thin as you want, plus make a nice taper to them and cut in some nice edges.
    The top one is MK 1019 31", the bottom is MK 1017 30"
    [​IMG]

2. A- Fish

A- Fish Stehling's Taxidermy

All sizes, postions and items numbers are approx.

Contact the named supplier for specific information

20" 5 lb smallmouth replica from Greg Stehling & Son's ( me ) [email protected] 920-674-3724
    # SMB20 S- curve right, reverse S- left. Both sides good. Head foam filled for easy finishing. Rigid fins that make tapering easy.

[​IMG]

Burbot- Ling Replica from Unique Species- Rick Hardy FL 386-228-3525
    33" right face s- curve -Overall great blank, museum quality.

[​IMG]

3. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

Lou Wynia White Crappie 15"er, not sure the Number

4. Jimmy Lawrence

Lou Wynia Repro 44" Northern

5. Jimmy Lawrence

Dave Campbell Steelhead blank #TR-1S, with a Male head

6. Jimmy Lawrence

"New" ARP Largemouth Repro # DALMB-30

7. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

I think the antiqued blank shows the best detail, so from now on if I remember I'll snap a pic of the antiqued fish. For now, this is what I've got:

NP-07 44" x 21" from Fisherman's Tale. Very nice blank, minimal finishing required, needs teeth and gills.

[​IMG]

8. Heres a 21.5 inch sheepshead, it came from Cpt. Bryan but Jimmy Warren own his molds now.
    [​IMG]

9. Heres an Archie Philips 30lb. Striper. Not sure the #.

[​IMG]

10. [​IMG]

Heres my striper I did with Rick. Its a new wave its the smallest one they have. I beleive it was 29inches.

11. Heres an old school Dennis Arp crappie. It was 1.5 pounds. I'll get my #'s together on my next ones I post.

[​IMG]

12. This is a "NEW" Arp #DALMB 84 7.5lbs

[​IMG]

13. here's a 27.5" speckled sea trout from StarFish Replicas...i enjoyed working with this fish.....

14. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Travis Jones, Nice job on the new Arp bass!

New Wave 4039
    47" x 15" Longnose Gar
    Pic doesn't show it but blank is extreme swim. I bought the optional mouth insert and just had to add teeth. I thought the blank was very nice. Only complaint was you could see the fiberglass chop in the fiberglass resin fins. Not that big of a deal though.

15. You fish guys are some of the most talented artisis I have ever seen. I aspire to be able to do the work you folks do. I did my first replica the other day and posted it the week in fish and for some reason it got zapped. Probably a good thing because it was no where near your standards. It was a McGinnity "Giant Snakehead" blank. For not having any experience with blanks I thought it was fairly easy to work with. I will in the future order all blanks ready to paint. Those seams were a bitch to get right and I am some what of a perfectionist on taxidermy so I know I way over worked it. But I would suggest the McGinnity line of blanks.

16. I think this is a Good Idea. But even better to post before (antiqued) and after photos if possible.

Ill post some before and after pictures of some of the Blanks I have avaliable.

First a 9" Male Bluegill

[​IMG]

A 9" Female Bluegill. (A very Plump fish)

[​IMG]

A 9.5" Male Kokanee Salmon

[​IMG]

A 19" Golden Redhorse (Current World Record)

[​IMG]

A 10.5" Rainbow trout

[​IMG]

17. den007

den007 Active Member

Some nice replicas here. I am sorry not to have the replica site up sooner. Josh, I am officially firing my "web designer" if he does not have something up by Monday. I explained this is really a personal embarassment to me to keep you guys with great replicas held up for even a month.

It will be up soon.....under fishrepro.com

Den

18. duxdog

duxdog Active Member

Josh, man you nailed the gils. Can't wait to get mine from ya. If you have a basic schedule for the male and female, I would love to use it as a guide.Nice looking fish.

19. A- Fish

A- Fish Stehling's Taxidermy

That 10.5 " trout Josh has is great..I have a blank here and it is made very well.

WE-08 Fishermans Tale 33" walleye ( painted in green phase )
    [​IMG]

DV- 06 Fishermans Tale 28" Dolly Varden ( painted as Bull Trout )
    [​IMG]

TR 1L Campbellfish Reproductions 29.5 " Rainbow
    [​IMG]

20. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

Dave what a great string!!! I sure hope it continues and grows! It is really a great source of help for all of us! I sure will contribute to this awesome string!!! Big Thanks!

Rick Krane