1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

What tannery for buckskin?

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by Nina Lukaszewicz, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Nina Lukaszewicz

Nina Lukaszewicz Outdoor Dreams Taxidermy

I want to find a tannery that can tan a soft, supple hair-off deer backhide that will be suitable for crafts. I am finding this out for a friend who wants to make a deerskin bow quiver. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

2. Randy Mac

Randy Mac New Member

Re: What tannery for hair-off?

You may also look at www.wbplace.com, wwwspecialtyleather.com or www.quilcedaleather.com

3. Nina Lukaszewicz

Nina Lukaszewicz Outdoor Dreams Taxidermy

Re: What tannery for hair-off?

I am looking into going with Yost, but any other suggestions? Thanks
    Nina

4. gab

gab Active Member

he could just buy it outright at leather unlimited or fox valley,but I do use yost for my customer hair off tanning

5. trophy time

trophy time " Preserving a lifetime of memories since 1990 "

Nina,

You could try Uber Tanning Company? They are located in Minnesota. Here is there web address www.uberglove.com

6. remi609

remi609 Member

Nina, Yost out of Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin. You can even purchase craft quality buckskin. It is very supple and soft! Kevin

7. Old Fart

Old Fart Active Member

I get mine from QuilCeda. It's cheaper just to buy it rather than send them the hides and have them tanned. Faster, too!

8. cyclone

cyclone Posts: 400001

Braintan it if they want a really unique piece of leather..It's a bit of work, and an art in itself, but well worth the effort.. ;)