1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Artificial Rock from Mix and How to Paint

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Red stag, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Re: Another artifical rock- how to paint

Very nice!!

2. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Well-Known Member

Re: Another artifical rock- how to paint

So the whiting is chalk. Where do I get dextrin? Is it just liquid starch?

3. Re: Another artifical rock- how to paint

Redstag, excellent post!! I checked your website out and your work is UNBELIEVABLEEEEE ;D ;D , Jared

4. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Well-Known Member

I did see dextrine listed at Vandykes. I'm guessing this is the same thing.

5. Red stag

Red stag Active Member

Norway

Yes the dextrin are coming in to types, the yellow and the white. In Norway the yellow one are the most economical.

6. That is a great tutorial on painting. You are very gifted.

7. mario

mario New Member

very nice job!

8. would mind sharing how you paint the lichens on there or do you attach them? Thanks

9. Galen

Galen 218-263-7177 www.EdgewaterTaxidermy.com

nice looking Rock .. Thanks for the Pic's

10. Galen

Galen 218-263-7177 www.EdgewaterTaxidermy.com

I just took a look at your website . Very nice work. Anyone else look at his website??

If you do you will see his ROOF needs a Hair Cut . well if you look at his site look under the word on the left ,,, >>>> K ONTACT you well see ,,,,, it must be hard to get a lawn mower up on the roof . LOL. I had never seen anything like that b4. it is pretty cool looking if you ask me . I do not think it would work in my area. It was 18 below this morning. I think it would all die…

11. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

very nice! thank you for sharing

12. Red stag

Red stag Active Member

Norway
    Hi Galen, no problem with the grass in the winter. In my area we have winter 5 months a year and the temperature goes down to -30celcius in periodes. It`s a old tradition in Norway using grass on the roof. ( Not cutting the grass) ;D ;D ;D Ollie

Attached Files:

13. WMtaxi

WMtaxi Member

how does the rock ge attached to the wall? im sure you cant just hook into the faom on the back so do you atach playwood or something?

14. Red stag

Red stag Active Member

Norway
    Yes ,You have to make a frame of plywood. Ollie

15. awesome lookin rock

16. Hi Ollie- I would like to ask you a few questions about taxidermy in Europe and do not want to use up the time and space of this good net. Can you please provide when it is a good time to email you and to what extent I may ask you questions? Thanks, John

17. Red stag

Red stag Active Member

Norway
    Hi Silverwings! Feel free to email me anytime. Very busy to the end of December :p :p so I will answer your mail in the beginning of January if thats o.k. for you.Thanks. Ollie

18. I know this is an old topic, however can anyone tell me where to get these materials

19. Artie mags

Artie mags New Member

most of it you can get from WASCO or mckenzie/van dykes i believe

20. Thanks Artie, where you located in Jersey?