1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

BOBCAT CARTLIDGE REMOVAL

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by runingun, Jan 30, 2008.

1. runingun

runingun New Member

What is the best way to remove Bobcat ear cartlidge.Should it be done after tanning and what is best method.Thanks Butch

2. I wouldn't remove the cartlidge. Invert the ears then bondo... OOPS, did I say Bondo!?!

3. I never remove the cartlidge until after it is tanned. I want the ears attached when it comes back from the tannery. Remove it just like a deer. Here is a perfect example of how manys ways people do things everyone has there own way. I never use bondo not saying it is wrong but I just dont.

4. crittercraft

crittercraft A venti caffe' mocha vodka valium latte to go plz

GA
    I also remove after tanning, just peel it up and off with your fingers.

5. oldterryr

oldterryr Terry's in Heaven with no worries at all.

after tanning with a VERY SHALLOW cut - if you can grab on with fingernails so much the better - i dont normally do this for commericial mounts but i have done it just to see if it could be done - i now use the liners where you leave the cartialge in from ozark woods - look excellent - bond with 5 minute epoxy (taxidermy aisle at wal mart)

6. runingun

runingun New Member

Thanks for your help.I want to use the Van Hoesan liners and remove the cartlidge to learn.I will also check out the liners mentioned that you use with the carlidge in.Will remove these after tanning.Thanks Butch