1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

South Dakota Taxidermists Association Convention 2008

Discussion in 'Convention Information' started by Ken Edwards, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

March 14th through 16th, 2008
    The 6th Annual South Dakota Taxidermists Association Convention & Competition
    Crossroads Hotel and Event Center, Huron, SD
    Contact Kerry Gusso at [email protected] (605) 758-2562.

2. Grasshopper

Grasshopper New Member

South Dakota Show a Success

Well I am RECOVERING from another great South Dakota Taxidermist's Convention and Competition, last year it only took me one day this year two -- could it be I am getting older or just the fact that the show is getting bigger and better. With 116 show pieces and 50 some members it's no wonder the 3 Judges Jon Luczak, Merle Heintz and Corey Caruthers had to work their tails off. For South Dakota to put on it's 6th consecutive show and continue to grow says a lot for the members of the association and it's board members. You all need to pat yourselves on the back. If you didn't make it this year I am sorry, you missed out on a lot of education and entertainment. We will once again have the show next year at the Crossroads Hotel and Convetion Center in Huron, SD. the weekend of March 19th - 22nd, I strongly reccomend not missing it again. Next year Corey will be back to judge birds and fish, Jeff Morris will be doing deer heads, and hopefully we will be able to get Jody Slusher to judge gameheads and lifesize. Who would want to miss out on a critique from any one of those guys.
    We had some of the best taxidermists from 5 (North and South Dakota, Iowa, Minnesota, and Wisconsin) different states competting this year. I really have to thank the out of stater's like Mark Kornelly and Doug Roffers from Wisconsin, and all of the North Dakota regulars for really making our show a success Let's continue to grow and get as many others as possible to attend this show as the facilities are top notch and we know how to stay up late and have a fun time. Although the recovery time is getting longer those late night sessions make it all worth it. ;D

3. SteveP

SteveP New Member

Re: South Dakota Show a Success

I'm glad the show was a success and wish I could have been there. Unfortunately, it was the same weekend as the only weekend that I had to chase Snows in the same state. :-\ I would have loved to have Corey critique my latest pheasant. Next years schedule looks a little better, as far as the migration goes anyway. ;)

4. Re: South Dakota Show a Success

what a blast we had at the sd show a lot of fun !! if you live within a days drive and dont make it to this show you lose out on a good time great seminars tons of advise and priced right ! in over 20 yrs of going to taxidermy shows one of my favorites is the south dakota show been there twice had a blast both times

5. Old Fart

Old Fart Active Member

I'm sorry I couldn't make it again this year. SD has always been a great show. Hopefully, next year my schedule won't be as full as it was this year and I'll get back. It's great to hear that your show is still growing, but that's due to the great effort and hard work you guys put into it.

6. Gussie

Gussie New Member

I think i have finally caught up on my sleep ??? Dan pat your self on the back w/o you, the show wouldn't go off so well.
    Thank you to Aves,Van Dykes,tohican, derma grip and matrix masters.for all the donations for the hands on whitetail seminar.

7. squid

squid hunt hard or go home

it was a wonderful show, had lots to comprehend at seminars, show was a great success, can't wait till next year. those that missed sure missed out on some excellent seminars and one heck of a good banquet meal.

8. pwtaxidermy

pwtaxidermy New Member

I agree South Dakota had a good one I think it took me a week to catch up on my sleep.With so many seminars and great judges it was like going to a NTA show. They are going to have to get a bigger room for competition if they keep on growing.