1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Any taxi. websites with instructions?

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by bellsbigbucks, Feb 5, 2008.

1. bellsbigbucks

bellsbigbucks New Member

What sites are out there that actually show how to mount something on the site??

2. kevin scott

kevin scott New Member

Check out McKenzie ,Vandykes and Research.

3. nofiveo

nofiveo Active Member

i found a site awhile back i think it was the american school of taxidermy? i believe the instructor was dennis reinhart. there were a few video clips from his lessons on there. mounting a yote, a squirrel, a fish, how to paint fish etc.. check it out

4. Look at the tutorials that people have put on. Its as close to free as you will get.
    Dont over look the Breakthrough manuals. the methods some people think are outdated but they are still current and usefull. the fish books have molding instructions and its great you can learn a lot and then after you have used the old materials you can simply make the change to the newer materials.

Same for the deerhhhead manuals, you just change over to critter clay instead of regualr clay and they tell how to do earliners and bondo ears. you just change to a five minute epoxy when you have learned.

Same for birds.

Same for the tannning manual.

This industry should be taken just like any industry, you have to pay your dues to learn, then you still have to pay your dues to get better. Once you have read the books thru several times you can easily find some older videos on what you want to mount, then up grade to the DVDs.

Hell after 30 years in this I am thinking about getting a DVD or two just to learn a few things. So you can see the learning should never stop. Or thats my feeling.

5. brother terry site - tdavistaxidermy.com

6. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

http://www.realdeerforms.com/MountDeer.html

www.hidetanning.net

7. oldterryr

oldterryr Terry's in Heaven with no worries at all.

http://tdavistaxidermy.com/learningcenter.html

8. bellsbigbucks

bellsbigbucks New Member

Thanks alot guys!I found just what I was looking for!