1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

3 bucks locked

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by jakemcmillin, Feb 6, 2008.

1. jakemcmillin

jakemcmillin New Member

Got this on email 2day. All i got was the photos. No info on the 3 bucks

2. Gina

Gina New Member

http://shedantler.net/archives/2008/02/04/three-bucks-locked-together/

3. Photo looks staged to me.....

4. bulldog4949

bulldog4949 "Mounting your Memories"

not real!!!

5. Looks photoshopped

6. Not even photoshoped....just looks like they were killed and laid down together...the one's horns aren't even locked...just laying there...

7. zachhanel

zachhanel New Member

this article is on a website called theshedantler and i think the whole story is bs it says they found the bucks in texas with two being dead and one alive but there is no way that if that deer was live it wouldn't run when they approached because its not locked, i think arkfisher is right, they shot three bucks and laid them on top of eachother

8. JLW

JLW Member

Looks staged to me. If three bucks got locked like that one or maybe two of thems neck would probably be twisted and their necks broke. Looks alittle fishy to me. JMO Wagner's Taxidermy

9. ElkinsTaxidermy

ElkinsTaxidermy www.ronelkinstaxidermy.com

Staged. They look too healthy to have been locked.

10. candyman

candyman New Member

Im callin BULLSH** the ground isnt even tore up - can you imagine what destruction 3 adult bucks would do ! I think im gonna try a picture with 4 this Fall ! ;D

11. Just had got locked up then shot???????????

12. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

I saw the pics, but no text, I believe I saw more than one pic, too. They have ear tags in them, theyre captive reared, and that makes sense. Captive reared deer just pound away at eachother, and I have no trouble believing that once two locked up, a third would jump in. There is a documented threelock in the wild though, it was in I believe Quebec or Manitoba. Many of you know, I collect locks photos, and I have pics of that one...

13. looks fake to me , first thing i thought before i read the post , now really looks staged

14. jasonb

jasonb I think I'll keep her

North American Whitetail had an artical about somthing like this last year I belive that even though very very rare it may happen where there are high buck populations.

15. Bill Yox

I can tell you guys, from having handled my share of locks on full carcasses, that it would be very difficult to move carcasses to stage this. The angles that they lock in are sometimes hard to believe, but Ive got many pics to prove its not impossible. Those deer are amazing critters.

16. zachhanel

zachhanel New Member

well it just looks funny because the two very light grey dead looking bucks could very well be tangled, but the livelier looking one looks that its only being held between its two points off the main beam and doesn't look to be locked but i won't try to start any argument cause i've only seen locked bucks one time so all i can say is it looks fishy and i've searched the search engines and can't find a good story and the story i found on these pics had like two lines

17. not saying that it is staged, but the angles look wrong for all three to be locked to the point where all are deceased.. pretty cool nonetheless...

18. Bill Yox

I dont wanna "take over" this thread...I have seen "locks" that only stayed locked because the combatants didnt know enough to twist, or back up, etc. Locks nonetheless, but easily seperated once they were dead.

19. cremmick

cremmick New Member

I saw more and better pics of these deer on the web and the one is still definitely alive and the other two are dead. You could see his eyeball rotated to look at the person taking the pics. His nose was still wet and he had his mouth open.

20. Bill Yox

Heres another view...

[​IMG]