1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Ebay scapel blades

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by hampshire, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Has any one ever used these blades? If so are they any good.

2. I do. I got 1000 for $50 from eBay. They work fine as far as I can tell. But they are the only ones I've ever used so I can't tell you how they compare to other brands.

3. They are Junk. Its just as the saying goes, you get what you pay for. Havels are the only one for me and when they offer buy 2 get 1 free, i stock up.

4. RoyalOaksRanch

RoyalOaksRanch Royal Oaks Taxidermy- When Quality Counts...

I bought some on ebay once too.. I hated them., about every 3rd blade was sharp the rest were dull and the sharp ones wouldnt last long anyhow..
    I cant remember the seller name but I just stick to my havels.

Now OTT where are you getting them that they go buy 2 get 1 free??

5. havels sends out fliers in the mail offering them. They do it about twice a year. Best bet is to email them and ask if they are running any specials. If you buy direct from Havels they also do net 30 billing.

6. RoyalOaksRanch

What is net 30 billing?

7. Net 30 day Billing is Were Your Payment is Due 30 Days from date of Invoice

8. Todd B

Todd B Active Member

30 net billing means you get 30 days to pay for them. Havel's also has needles and a few other nifty gadgets. Go to havels.com or call them to get on there mailing list so you can get the sales information. They also have havalon.com which is where you can get those nift pirahnta scalpel knives.

Todd B

9. I just found some havels at S$S Medical for 9.95 for a 100.

10. Good find Darrell, those are only for the #23 and #24. I like to use 22's but for that price i may have to try them. The price for the others arent bad either. S+S Medical just made my favorites list.

11. nibjones

nibjones Join your States Taxidermy Assoc.

My sentiments exactly!

12. RoyalOaksRanch

OHHHH Okay I kinda thought that is what it might mean.. I always just pay for it when I order.. Makes it easier on me LOL...

13. I'm glad there are more frugal people out there than just me!! I bought those 1000 blades for $50.00 and am going through them about 3 times as fast as Havels! But I only have 7 boxes left.........

14. Voyager

Voyager New Member

I use #60 blades and the last couple boxes of Havels I got were junk, so I ordered some off ebay and they were junk too. I'm just going to pay for the cheap junk instead of the expensive junk.

15. Becky P

Becky P One must believe the glass is half full.

Rae, I ordered some straight from Havel's, just charged it to my card. Buy two get one free, makes them a lot cheaper than ordering them from the suppliers. I think the three boxes after shipping was something like $54. (size 10)

Voyager, I had gotten a box of Havel's through a supplier a few years back that was bad so I just bought the cheap junk too after that. Recently I decided to give Havel's another try, and these have been much better. And if you order direct and get the free box, they aren't so high.

16. RoyalOaksRanch

How many are in a box? They come 100 per bag from WASCO.. Thats where I get them

17. I like to order 2 20's and take a number 11 as a free one, i dont use as many 11's so one box is fine. I like that they let you mix and match and still get the buy 2 get 1 free deal.

18. Todd B

Todd B Active Member

Royaloaks,
    There are 100 in the box.

Todd B

19. RoyalOaksRanch

I sgned up for their emails and requested a catalog.. So how much do they charge?

20. Rae that S&S medical I posted earlier has a special on two sizes for 9.95 per 100 count box. You can google search that.